Sign in to follow this  
sierra9260

WTB e30 clutch + pilot bearing

Hey bimmer sportians... I'm doing a manual conversion on my e30 and thought it would be a good idea to replace the clutch and pilot bearing while I'm at it. Does anyone have any or know where I could buy for cheap? I saw a good condition one on trade me go for $45 with a lot of body still on the plate.. So I'd be happy spending around that much. I wouldn't mind hanging out for one.

Cheers

Why not go new while you are there? I wouldn't use a second hand pilot bearing either..

Why not go new while you are there? I wouldn't use a second hand pilot bearing either..

Well yes that's what I thought I might do. May as well make them new while its all open. Although I don't want it to cost a bomb. Cheers on the lightweight link I saw that on there. Is $300 a little steep? :ph34r:

Well yes that's what I thought I might do. May as well make them new while its all open. Although I don't want it to cost a bomb. Cheers on the lightweight link I saw that on there. Is $300 a little steep? :ph34r:

flywheel only probably worth $200+

clutch kit cost the last owner about $350-400 , then he crashed his car

no point cheaping out on maintenence stuff. go new. i have brought two clutch kits from Gavin @ Euro Italian, they come with pilot bearing, apparently usually they don't?

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_