Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

Classic cover - in Hamilton - experience?

Yup.

Had my GTR with them for years.

Used to be with Vero direct premiums were huge. Did the targa and noticed every person registering infront of me was classic.

So I switched & halved my premiums.

Only 1 claim, broken window and radar stolen.

No drama's on the claim.

Was happy with the cover.

Yup.

Had my GTR with them for years.

Used to be with Vero direct premiums were huge. Did the targa and noticed every person registering infront of me was classic.

So I switched & halved my premiums.

Only 1 claim, broken window and radar stolen.

No drama's on the claim.

Was happy with the cover.

Appreciate the reply Darren ... sounds like they could be the way to go then.

Anyone else with experience? Positive or negative.

Have only heard good things, unfortunately I do to many kilometers a year to be covered, may be worth calling them to run over usage and mileage.

yes. good point.

the main thing is you are limited in the amount of km you can do. 5000 per year I think was my limit.

which was fine for me I never got close to doing that many.

(I also don't remember them ever checking either).

I've got my M3 with them, and then had a claim about 3 months later and no problems at all. And cheep! Ive got my kms at 8,000 a year. Everywhere else was about 1000-1300 a year premium, classic-400 and 250 excess.

yes. good point.

the main thing is you are limited in the amount of km you can do. 5000 per year I think was my limit.

which was fine for me I never got close to doing that many.

(I also don't remember them ever checking either).

The father in law has his Jag insured as a classic. They don't audit your mileage but they are known to investigate LTSA WoF records if they suspect the policy holder is having a larf at their expense :)

Have heard good things about the company in question though.

I have had 2 of mine with them for 3 years.

Happy so far...havent had to claim tho

Dietmar (Top Secret) on here works for them so you can flick him a message or give him a call for it.

From what I've heard they are quite a decent company, I however am too young to personally get insurance through them but they definitely have a good rep.

How old do you have to be?

^^ You have to be 25 in most cases. Occasionally we can cover 23/24 year olds with higher excesses.

Tom, give us a call on 0800 456 254 and ask for Dietmar, pronounced Deet-mar (or Steve, don't ask..) and I'll see what I can do for you.

^^ You have to be 25 in most cases. Occasionally we can cover 23/24 year olds with higher excesses.

Tom, give us a call on 0800 456 254 and ask for Dietmar, pronounced Deet-mar (or Steve, don't ask..) and I'll see what I can do for you.

What a small world, you delt with my claim on my m3 about 2 months back, the guy that hit a hare haha!

Nah, mine was just light frontal damage.

I am also with Classic with my M3. Agreed value and kms limited to 10,000 per year.

I found the difference in premium between 5000 and 10,000kms was pretty minimal even though I would do more towards the 5000, I decided against the bother of keeping a log to check I didn't go over.

Never had to claim on it yet though.

Wow!! Appreciate all the replies gents! You have all been more than helpful!!

Sounds like they are a reputable company. I even called a couple of Panel beaters just to confirm and they said the assessors Vero uses is the same as Prestigio and they are good to deal with.

I've always said that an insurance cover is only as good as the claim process - so panel beaters are always the first ones I check with and then policy holder experiences.

Thanks Dietmar, I've been emailing and talking to Kirsten on the phone and she's been most helpful, so I'll just continue to deal with her on this cover I think given that she's got all the ins and outs about it already - but good to know a forum member on here works at the said Company :)

they are pretty good.

I've used them for a number of years, had my GSXR1000 and my Ducati with them, as well as my old Lotus 7.

Bikes were covered for track days too! as long as it wasn't a timed event!