Sign in to follow this  
jraw123

T-Boned e30

Hi Guys

Unfortunately I was involved in an accident a month or so ago and now after everything has been sorted with insurance etc it looks like im left with one very dented e30 BMW.....

I believe the chassis to be damaged but havnt had a professional to look at her.What is the best course of action from here?

Please help

Regards

What do you mean everything has been sorted with insurance etc? Basically we need more info.

Do you mean that there will be no payout and all you are left with is a bent E30? If so see a good panelbeater to assess the damage and advise.

Where are you?

What do you mean everything has been sorted with insurance etc? Basically we need more info.

Do you mean that there will be no payout and all you are left with is a bent E30? If so see a good panelbeater to assess the damage and advise.

Where are you?

Yeah unfortunately didnt have full cover and it was my fault..sigh

Yup bent is the word for it.

Have called a panelbeater that was recommended but he reckoned it wasnt worth working on it.But then he didnt have a look at the vehicle.

Its not currently drivable as the warrants expired etc and the battery is flat so I dont see how Id get it to a panel beaters without a tow.Then will it be actually worth shelling out for that service?

Apart from the chassis and the panels everything else is perfect running order.I drove it home from the tow yard.

Was also looking at the option of swapping all parts over to a straight chassis...or selling the car as is.

Im in Auckland.

Thanks for your help.Much appreciated.

Regards

Pictures? What model e30 etc?

1990 325i Manual Red

No photos tonight but will endeavor to get some.All left side paneling damaged.No windows broken.Kept in a garage since the accident.

Thanks

Well 3rd party is for vehicles that aren't worth repairing if damaged beyond repair, but i'm sure you knew that and thought you would get away with it.

Unlucky is all I can say...

1990 325i Manual Red

No photos tonight but will endeavor to get some.All left side paneling damaged.No windows broken.Kept in a garage since the accident.

Thanks

i hate to say it, maybe if it was a touring or convertible or M325i, it might be worth repairing (i dont know what it is and the damage), but if its a 4 door walk away, maybe coupe too, in this case maybe find another and reshell. you can buy a rough but legal and straight e30 for around 1500 mark. Or buy another 325i and keep this as a parts car

i hate to say it, maybe if it was a touring or convertible or M325i, it might be worth repairing (i dont know what it is and the damage), but if its a 4 door walk away, maybe coupe too, in this case maybe find another and reshell. you can buy a rough but legal and straight e30 for around 1500 mark. Or buy another 325i and keep this as a parts car

Yeah that does seem to be where things are headed.Just not sure Im ready to give up just yet.

Thanks for the helpful reply.

Part it out, whatevers left sell to a scrap yard and move on I say.