Sign in to follow this  
liyi_92

Stance?

the only excuse for "stance" camber on the back is because you have shoved a big block v8 in the boot and you are on the way home to put it in something small.

Haha. Agreed.

And I never argued about people's preferences? Just thought it looked to be impractical as hell especially on any performance oriented vehicle. Why need the performance when you can't drive it anywhere ;)

I used to see it on R3vlimited 3 or 4 years ago when the stance thing was starting to take off, Mark Burroughs etc etc. used to get these guys with turbo S52 swaps (USA M3 motor), so you would think they are quick, but no, they are an inch above the ground. Looks cool, but why do an engine swap if its so low you cant use it? I got rubbished on there for rocking H&R sports, and its not like they are a high setup!

The whole STANCE and HELLA FLUSH look is the reason they brought in the new camber law. Camber cannot be more or less than half a degree from factory specifications.

I found this out the hard way when certing my E30, had to make a few changes as the rule applies to every car make and model, If you lower it it has to be within the allowable factory specs +/- half a degree to try and stop the guys going extreme with the STANCE look

Each to their own, who gives a sh*t.

I personally find spending money on making your car more factory than when it left the factory utterly retarded but a bunch of ya'll seem to thoroughly enjoy it, so keep on keeping on and go on 'bout 'yo bidness.

#thuglife

I personally find spending money on making your car more factory than when it left the factory utterly retarded but a bunch of ya'll seem to thoroughly enjoy it, so keep on keeping on and go on 'bout 'yo bidness.

that is so on the money :)

#thuglife

Think it's because many of us on here couldn't afford one when it left the factory, so we wait to get one when it's cheap and peel of all the shitty modifications that have been made since it left the factory that made it cheap enough for us to afford.

That said, there's nothing wrong with awesome modifications that make it go faster and stuff!

Meh, we all had fads in our time. Personally I don't follow the logic in introducing negative camber to cars that will be lucky to see a track once in their lives but wotever.

At least they've moved on from chromies. And whale tail spoilers. And massive bodykits. And Chameleon paint. Bro.

Are big subs still in? ;)

319-640x426.jpg

This is my definition of 'stance'. For me personally, I think a well-stanced car looks really good. Wheels that fit properly, a low aggressive ride height, some negative camber, and a good looking aero package.

It has nothing to do with getting faster lap times or anything of the sorts. For me it was purely about looks. (Note: Drifting is a JUDGED sport so in some ways having a good looking car is ideal in drifting)