Sign in to follow this  
treone

FS: 1996 840ci

Sadly selling my 8 series.

For details and description: TradeMe: 1996 BMW 840ci

Please pass on to those who maybe interested!

Thanks!

hi Greg,

Good luck with the sale! Just wondering - is this the 4.4 that was for sale out of the Hawkes Bay around 2 years ago (owned by a Scotsman who moved here)?

Kind of curious - obviously I am a E31 junkie and know of a few examples in NZ. A friend of mine is putting together a register of E31's in NZ - I am sure he'd like to know about your car.

I saw your advert on trademe - looks like a nice car with some nice extra's.

Don't know how many 4.4's live in NZ ; 3 were officially brought in by BMW NZ. However, I speculate there maybe another half dozen that were privately imported.

Cheers.

Yip this is the one from the Hawkes Bay. I was told by the gentleman who imported it that he purchased it from a local dealership for @ $25 pounds two years before importing here. Though he used is regularily in the UK, he only travelled 3k miles in the 8 years he had it here and kept it parked up most of the time.

The 4.4l/tiptronic combo really attracted me to this one (and the sports seats option and colour combo). I was tempted to consider the blue 840 that was for sale at the time too (and again for sale now - they must be twins!).

You will notice the wheels are not standard, originals have been damaged thanks to an 8x4 piece of wood on the motorway - but they will go with the car!

I would like an e34 M5 but I'm finding these are as rare as the 8 series, so perhaps an HSV Senator instead :-). I'm negotiable on the price and open to offers (but not ridiculous ones lol).

Link was working before so I'm not sure what the go is = in the mean time try this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-625356738.htm

Sorry for the pics - I'm waiting for my better quality ones to be availble

Edited by treone

Yip this is the one from the Hawkes Bay. I was told by the gentleman who imported it that he purchased it from a local dealership for @ $25 pounds two years before importing here. Though he used is regularily in the UK, he only travelled 3k miles in the 8 years he had it here and kept it parked up most of the time.

The 4.4l/tiptronic combo really attracted me to this one (and the sports seats option and colour combo). I was tempted to consider the blue 840 that was for sale at the time too (and again for sale now - they must be twins!).

You will notice the wheels are not standard, originals have been damaged thanks to an 8x4 piece of wood on the motorway - but they will go with the car!

I would like an e34 M5 but I'm finding these are as rare as the 8 series, so perhaps an HSV Senator instead :-). I'm negotiable on the price and open to offers (but not ridiculous ones lol).

Link was working before so I'm not sure what the go is = in the mean time try this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-625356738.htm

Sorry for the pics - I'm waiting for my better quality ones to be availble

Hi Greg,

Thought it was the car that was for sale in the Hawkes Bay. A friend of mine owns the Tobago blue 840i for sale on trademe. It is a lovely car too - a rare individual with some Motorsport options. He spent 2 years looking at 8's before he bought that car. I do recall that your car had Style 5 wheels when it was for sale in the Hawkes Bay. How many wheels were damaged? Just my opinion but I think having them on the car would help the aesthetics - they are a beautiful set of wheels. Have any photos prior to the mishap?

Yes the e34 M5's are lovely cars. The problem these days is that there are hardly any around for sale. There are approx 15 in NZ and like many modern classics now seem to be held onto by their owners. I hope you nab one over a Senator - however not sure it will be easy to secure one (a E34 M5).

Would love to assist with spreading the word about your car - I know there is one gentleman on our site who was keen on getting a E31. I will try contacting him. Sadly I am not so interactive with the BMW community these days as I am domiciled out of Singapore.

Good luck!

Really appreciate the comments.

Three of the wheels have been damaged (one when I bought it). They are repairable (been quoted @ $170 +gst per wheel) but as I had other maintenance items to do and since I had this set sitting spare it was more economical to put tyres on these rims, as opposed to repair plus tyres. If I was keeping it then they definitely would be done as part of the list of things to do. I'll check for some pictures with the original wheels. You're right the style 5's really do suit the 8 series.

I'm in need of something a bit more practical hence an e34 M5 or Senator. Test drove a Clubsport R8 yesterday - but wasn't for me. I'm going to have a look at an e36 M3 Saloon today in Dakar yellow - another rarity! I know an M5 is so hard to come by but was tempted to seriously consider the re-shellled 'M5' that was being offered by a member here not that long ago. Now if anyone had one to swap that would be very tempting...

So my options for the 840 are: keep (I'm still tempted), sell to an appreciative owner who will look after it (my preference), or trade it (not my favourite option and getting laughed at and insulted is not always fun haha).

I'm very negotiable on price so if you do manage to contact this person (or anyone else) have them contact me directly.

Great chatting to a fellow 8 series junkie - Cheers!

Edited by treone