Sign in to follow this  
Stevie S

Cobb Accessport

Anybody running a Coob accessport?

Edited by Steve1616

Friend has one on a Mazda MPS, seems ok. Hasn't blown anything up yet. Mind you, to use aggressive map, you might want to use 98 fuel (which my friend does).

Let me know how it goes with the COBB, i went down the route of the openflash tablet (http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/Openflash/index.html)

just waiting on UPS to deliver it

btw Matt - where did you guy the coils? (just in case i may need to get some) - i haven't tuned my car yet but have replaced all my spark plugs

Edited by jake

Let me know how it goes with the COBB, i went down the route of the openflash tablet (http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/Openflash/index.html)

just waiting on UPS to deliver it

FYI the "openflash tablet" is just a re banded unit, i have a few of them on my desk. If the tuner gets you to do a full read of the ECU make sure you have a battery charger on it as it can take up to and hour to read the software.

I used ebay for the Bosch coils, But even FCP Euro or ECS Tuning still work out half the price of genuine BMW from workshop.

Sweet, will keep an eye out, car's at Hi-Velocity next week for the tune once the other parts have been installed (downpipes, cat-back exhaust)

so will see what error codes get thrown out once the power's been dialed up.

FYI the "openflash tablet" is just a re banded unit, i have a few of them on my desk. If the tuner gets you to do a full read of the ECU make sure you have a battery charger on it as it can take up to and hour to read the software.

thanks for the heads up

Primarily gonna use it for data-logging runs etc (easier then lugging a laptop in the car), if i decide to go down the route of stacking ( flash + piggyback) for the RB Turbo's or VTT stage 2 turbo's, flexifuel conversion kit - will make it easier to flash the DME based for their flash then sending my DME to them

Does the cobb gear have the ability to change the dwell timing?

Yes it comes pre loaded with maps for each stage, but you can use the free access tuner software to custom tune, including dwell timing