Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

E36

I bought another car and neglected my E36, naturally it has responded by giving me the first grief in 2.5 years. The battery went flat, I took it out, charged it, put it back in, worked once. Had the AA out today (their battery), they jump started it and checked the load/charging etc which apparently is fine, but he said I need a bigger charger which he is bringing round to charge the battery properly. In the meantime, the abs light is now on and the drivers door window won't go up all the way, it stops about 45mm from fully closed, goes up and down fine apart from that.

So, abs light on and window not behaving, any ideas?

It's a 328i manual coupe if that makes any difference. Thanks.

you need to have the door shut for the window to go all the way up after the battery has been off etc .

maybe your door latch switch is worn out not working etc , comon issue on coupes.

and maybe by fluke your abs pump has failed , there is a comon problem with the pump with last numbers ending in 291 that fail.

Late reply but 45mm is still too big of a gap even for the coupe? My coupe leaves 10 - 20mm from the top, sounds like it needs to be reset - opening the window and holding the down button for 30s then wind it back up

The other way it worked for me was to lock the door with the key and hold it in that position for 30s or so until the windows wind themselves up