Sign in to follow this  
BMRBOI

Mishimoto Performance Alloy Radiator

Looking at buying one of them for the e36 325i. They seem to be popular in the net, anyone used them? Cost around $400-$445, i see some outfit does alloy radiators on tradme for $288Visit My Website

Pay for what you get?

Edited by BMRBOI

There was a radiator stand at the Speed show that was really bagging on some of these cheap alloy ones.

They had all sorts of comparisons putting them to shame. Never had one myself though so I can't speak from experience.

I had a Koyo radiator in my old 180sx. Was great and really high quality. A few friends with high powered nissans run the Mishimoto rads and I have never heard a negative pep from them.

Installed a redline alloy radiator in the 325i a while back (2yrs +) no trouble with it. Do have to say the inlet & outlet necks are shorter than factory but no issues with build quality to date

Would like to know if they're chinese imports or locally built though

i think the biggest universal thing is you have to rubber mount it fully, it cannot ground out to the chassis. if it does it will get electric corrosion and eat away at the alloy and cause leaks.

Have a redline jobbie too and its ok. Only complaint is the lower drain valve is low quality brass which is chalky so replace before you install. Mine has broken the tip off. Hasn't effected the function overall. For the dollars in happy with it. Suspect china made.

Have a redline jobbie too and its ok. Only complaint is the lower drain valve is low quality brass which is chalky so replace before you install. Mine has broken the tip off. Hasn't effected the function overall. For the dollars in happy with it. Suspect china made.

How long ago did you get yours? Mine came with a plastic bung which so far seems ok.

End of 2010. The bung is a non issue for me as the rad is easy to drain and remove.

Yep I also have one of the cheap ones in the race car and in my safari. Both had the same issue as Matt has described, the bungs were sh*t but replace with an old bolt and it works fine. No issues on either of them and they get a hammering, especially the one in the safari.