Sign in to follow this  
LsBeema

alignment for inner tyre wear due to high camber

Posted Image

Hi beemer comrades. Because of the adjusties, camber gets abit high,so inner threads get eatin. swopped tyres over left to right first .having directional tyres is a must for high camber.

Posted Image

Edited by e39525iM

Looks more like poor alignment or from hard cornering to me than camber wear. If it were camber wear the surface would have less tread on the inside than the outside of the tyre, not the very outer/side like you have shown.

Hi,

Are you asking for recommendations on on wheel alignment if yes some basic information on the model would help also are the the ball joints, bushes etc in good order.

May be the tow in is not enough otherwise for a tyre which is 80% worn out not abnormal.

"Because of the adjusties, camber gets abit high,so inner threads get eatin" what does this mean?

Edited by 87M3@NZ

Looks like toe issues to me. Have you had it aligned to confirm what the current settings are?

Posted Image

Hi guys. I work at a Bridgestone tyre center. I notice slight drifting left to right when leaving the steering while driving,as a normal testing procedure,and the excessive tyre wear on fronts and l/rear .so I swopped front tyres left to right on the rims,and had to replace the l/rear tyre.here are the specs

Posted Image

Posted Image

Front: cambers uneven.L high,non adjustable,so are the casters.

too much toe out hence the inner tyre wear,and had a heavy steering,thought it could of been the pump.or me needing more gym

Rear:left camber high with toe out,not good at all.there must be ample toe in with high camber to cancel out inner tyre wear.

Standard inspection for any steering,bushing or bearings done.

after adjustment.

wldw0i.jpg

zn0rv9.jpg

Edited by e39525iM