Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Spammers

Hi guys,

I think with the move to the new software we have awoken the beast. We are under attack from spammers.

You guys can help us by reporting a thread (as some of you have done thank you)

When you report a thread .. all of the moderators get an email telling us so. I have email on my phone so I get it straight away and will act on it pretty much straight away.

We are actively working on ways to combat this issue.

Thanks for your help

Bimmersport Crew.

Thanks again. I'm sure you guys are already aware, but for other forums I used to help manage you can eliminate almost all spambots by incorporating a question or something to allow registration of new accounts.

My other forum requires explicit permission from the admins before a new account is generated, although it was a much much smaller forum. We can find a happy medium by incorporation of 1 or 2 layers of other interactions.

• Like 1

Thanks again. I'm sure you guys are already aware, but for other forums I used to help manage you can eliminate almost all spambots by incorporating a question or something to allow registration of new accounts.

My other forum requires explicit permission from the admins before a new account is generated, although it was a much much smaller forum. We can find a happy medium by incorporation of 1 or 2 layers of other interactions.

Thanks, yes that is now in place. The questions will get harder while we are going through this.

We have tried the explicit route before .. but its a lot of work for everyone envolved.

Oh man why are you trying to get rid of all those awesome wicker basket deals!

• Like 1