Sign in to follow this  
tehBMWn00p

Tyres or New Mags

Hey guys, I'm going to need new tyres for my car which is very similar to this one

Posted Image

by next w.o.f. ...

Would I be better off getting some mags + wheels and if so which ones?

If you are thinking of getting mags at some stage, and can afford them now, go for them . If you can't afford them, then you are stuck.

Your current wheels are 14". 15" basket weaves would look good and cost secondhand anywhere from $400 to $800 and come up on trade me from time to time.

If you want something different or bigger, you should be looking at some 17"s. You need a 4x100 stud pattern, and rear-wheel-drive offset (about a 35 offset is right from memory). So be careful buying secondhand unless you know they will fit. 17" tyres are generally cheaper than 16" or 18" due to their popularity.

If you are going to buy new you can get a deal that includes tyres. New 17"s with tyres go from approx $1800 for something really basic up to several thousand dollars. Budget 2-3 grand and you'll get something cool.

Beware going for 17"s with your current ride height - it will look terrible. If you are not looking at lowering the car at some stage I would suggest the basket weaves, or another cheap upgrade would be to go to 14" bottlecaps (which is what I have at the moment). You can pick up a good condition set of these with four good tyres secondhand for $100-200. I got mine for $160 with near new tyres and they included the spare, and are in average condition. 4 new tyres would have cost me more, so was cheaper to buy the wheels with them on than new tyres!

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Like bravo said, if you want mags get them now before you buy new tyres.

You really have to get that thing of steelies though, get some bottles if you cant afford anything better.

If you do decide mags I reckon 16's look the best and tires are cheaper than 17's. Bravo said 17inch tires were cheaper but normally they aren't, however you will find more specials for 17 tires.

and dont skimp on tyres laydeez....they keep you outta the trees cos you sure aint no jungle boy

and dont skimp on tyres laydeez....they keep you outta the trees cos you sure aint no jungle boy

sh*t on a blanket stick quality is what you want in a tyre.

dont skimp, i havent so its less likely ill slide over the median and pwn into you, so do everyone else the same :D

then we all *live* happily ever after

Try to get wheels that were either made for or intended for the E30 then you cant go wrong for looks or fit. 15 inch basketweaves are not too hard to find, the extra width over the 14inch is nice, fatter tyres.

The best tyres you can, with good wet traction, or you could find yourself facing oncoming traffic!

hay 325 grant...ive got an e30 with those wheels on it and im looking to swap or upgrade to the basket weaves which sound pretty good right now coz i want to lower the e30 at the same time and have it look different the rims ive got have got all new tyres ne1 interested in a swap or can organise the basket weaves for me thanx

:mosh:

this is gonna sound really n00b but can some1 please show me the difference between basket weaves, bottle caps etc. bcos i am really CONFUSED. thanks guys :rolleyes:

odds of finding a set of those - then finding some at a reasonable price .... are worse than a needle in a haystack .... so find your finetoothed comb, or go grab some bottlecaps.

Edited by E30stz