Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

E38 1997 728i with 400k kms

yes 400 starting to get up there especially for an NZ car. but wouldnt be worried about it, have seen them fall apart at less than half that. proof if you look after it it will go forever

Its quite impressive really..........not often you see a Euro car with that mileage in NZ.......on youtube theres quite a few BMW's with well over 200k miles on them........

As Andy said - servicing plays a bit part, as does how its driven - eg, don't thrash the snot outa it when motor / drive train is still cold........

There was an E38 750iL up here a few years back, with 500K+ on it... was ex real estate vehicle. My brother-in-law went to look at it, and it was a really nice car, but it sold for more than he was willing to pay - Can't recall the price now, but I was tempted by the start price too, from memory.

If that one above was an actual facelift model with the M52TU, one of the last, with the motorsport goodies (and not the badge!) I'd be tempted at close to that price. But not the "old" e38 - they just aren't worth that much (especially so with 400k on it)