Sign in to follow this  
ipwnyou

So the battery is dead.....

Bit of an issue - looks like the battery died in my E30 - and the ignition key is not the same as the door keys. Any ideas that dont involve paying the AA (No, i dont have roadside assitance and no it doesnt come with my insurance) ?

Thank god for the second car.

Thanks!

you can usually still turn the locks when the battery is dead cant you? Just a bit of resistance from the non powered motor?

Or dont you have a door key?

I have a door key...in that little container between the seats, looking all shiny and patronising. I swear its mocking me when I look at it.

funny that your name is ipwnyou then aint it.

haha sucka.

Lol yeah isnt that funny *sic ...wait, no its not.

Thanks Grant, I probably will have to call one. Oh well.

its damn funny.

i mean you just got pwned

Is it a 2 door or 4 door, if it's a 2 door then you can easily break in to your car, 4 door's are a bitch

Have just done this to one of mine, flatt battery and keys in car. Hook up jump pack and bing........... alarm on and lock doors!

If its a two door it only takes a few minutes to get in, PM me and i will tell. B)

Four door, but now wishing it was a 2...

I was days away from getting an external battery terminal installed in the wheel well for this exact purpose, too. Bugger.

No idea how to pop the bonnet without using the lever...

What brand alarm is it, if its a dynatron it should come with a code card that you can use on your door latch.

Write it onto your door latch and the car will magically open, alternatively pull the door latch according to the number given on the card, leaving a pause between each corresponding number, then the alarm should de-activate and the central locking may open i dunno.

Yeah. Problem now is the battery wont charge. Well it does, but wont last overnight or for a day.

Anyone got any recommendations for what battery brand/type to suit? Have got a sound system installed also with a 550 watt AMP and a 12" sub (no cap.)

Battery Product Number: DIN55L or DIN65L Either will be suffice, brand shouldnt matter but champion gold series are awesome

You should probably look at why your battery isn't holding a charge or isn't being recharged properly before you buy another to fix the symptoms...