Sign in to follow this  
sam726

E39 Aux-Adapter for 16:9 Screen

I'm going to assume I've bought the wrong adapter, as the internet seems to be telling me. But am i missing something, or is there any way to get this AUX to fit the car? (Pictures below)

I'm going to assume there isn't any way to make it fit so what would be the best thing to do to get an auxiliary input into my E39. My CD changer doesn't work so i'm happy to go for a cd changer input if someone can suggest one.

Cheers,

Sam

post-5845-0-40438300-1381817707.jpg

post-5845-0-59169900-1381817717.jpg

post-5845-0-00413300-1381817726.jpg

post-5845-0-77562600-1381817732.jpg

AUX Retrofit in E39 only available after build date 09/02, your best bet might be a dice, see Richard from Gadgets4u, he is a sponsor of forum.

Yep, that one is no good. A unit in place of the CD changer or can connect AV into the video module

check the loom about where your forefinger is in the picture. the plug is usually taped back there... or may not be pre wired..

you could run wires back to the radio module... but only useful if you have the right version radio module...

Edited by Dogballs

AUX Retrofit in E39 only available after build date 09/02, your best bet might be a dice, see Richard from Gadgets4u, he is a sponsor of forum.

That's what I'd assumed :/ darn, will speak to Richard. In the mean time the adapter I bought will be going up on the marketplace!

check the loom about where your forefinger is in the picture. the plug is usually taped back there... or may not be pre wired..

you could run wires back to the radio module... but only useful if you have the right version radio module...

I felt down the loom to see if there was a plug in there and couldn't feel anything. Think it's just too old.

Will try out Dice or was wondering if something like this might work:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZEMEX-BTV3-USB-MP3-iPhone-AUX-In-fur-BMW-3er-5er-7er-E36-E46-E38-E39-X3-X5-Z3-Z8-/131018557129?pt=CE_Auto_Hi_Fi_Autoradios&hash=item1e815086c9

You might need to qualify this statement a little more. It maybe correct for those with screens but not for those without.

I've just made an Aux cable for my 2001 530 for less than a dollar.

Most items selling on TradeMe/Ebay just replace the cd changer. I used the same principle. I made my own plug using old wires from a cd-rom, soldered in a couple of caps and a resistor, then to a grounded female 3.5mm plug. The cd-rom plugs taped together fit the CD pins perfectly.

If you have a post 2002 single slot CD in the front its quite likely you will get the Aux option without having to use the CD pins too.