Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

E36 M3 dreamer

i think you could be right , might take a while though after everyone is sick of fixing all the $hit on the there late model cars

True, & with the $$$$$$$$$$ associated with fixing late model stuff as well when it goes pear-shaped....... ;)

The M3's - doesn't matter what it is really, anything is only worth what some-one else is prepared to pay to own it (Fido included or not can be THE deciding factor obviously too....).

I think theres some truth though in what I'm seeing lately, that older 'good stuff', is certainly gaining ground again in value.......

Hmmmm I have a feeling that this is starting a trend and that we will see E36 M3's upping in value, same thing happened with the E30, for a while there they could be had for as low as 10-15k if you were lucky enough to know someone who knew someone trying to get rid of one, these days people want 30k for average cars.

If you think about it, a lot of E36's have been hacked or converted into race cars, decent mint OEM examples are become rare.

Or I could be dreaming.

A couple of months ago a 200,000km one sold for around 10K.

E36 M3s are great cars, not as good as an E46 M3, and they dont have the motorsport pedigree of the E30 M3. Therefore I cant see values going up to much.

Shouldnt a same km E36 M3 and E46 M3 have a price difference of around 7-10K?

IMO the sliver E36 M3 and Fast Fours and Small Penises is worth around 15-16K.

I don't understand the mindset of people who think its a good idea to take photos of their car with their pets.... or their kids for that matter.

I'll say, it's pretty off putting!

Especially on leather where dog and cat claws easily scratch into it.

• Like 1

I don't understand the mindset of people who think its a good idea to take photos of their car with their pets.... or their kids for that matter.

Or on a beach...

IMO the sliver E36 M3 and Fast Fours and Small Penises is worth around 15-16K.

They take a lot of cars on consignment don't they? Could just be the owner wants an unrealistic price, meaning they have to mark it up high to make anything on it?

Haha. I spoke with this guy on the weekend. He's a pilot and I asked him what his real buy price was. But he seemed pretty fixed on 20k. For that reason I haven't wasted mine or his time. But I was saying just the other day that these are not worth 20k (under wanted, e36 m3 post) and everyone was saying I was wrong!! Agh I just want to find a bloody half tidy m3 that is a realistic price!!

• Like 1

Haha. I spoke with this guy on the weekend. He's a pilot and I asked him what his real buy price was. But he seemed pretty fixed on 20k. For that reason I haven't wasted mine or his time. But I was saying just the other day that these are not worth 20k (under wanted, e36 m3 post) and everyone was saying I was wrong!! Agh I just want to find a bloody half tidy m3 that is a realistic price!!

Funny - I read that discussion as being worded differently. You'd said that you wanted a mint low km NZ new blue one with leather interior, for 12-15k from memory as to you that's what they're worth, & people should be beating a path to your door wanting to off-load them for that..........

As mentioned there, & also here again 'Good luck with that' - IMO theres high odds you'll have to change your criteria a bit, or the price you're willing to pay....... ;):)

IIRC, the next thing you were talking bout was a non-mint UK import one that needs a bit of TLC, but was priced accordingly at the time........

I really wish there were more well priced E36 M3s around, I would jump on one at around 12-13K, even if it had high KM. 20K is getting too close to E46 M3 prices.

Still gutted i wasnt in the right position to buy the cheap high KM evo "5am" sold. Wouldve been perfect.

Edited by KwS

Yea, you're right re E46 M3. The E36 M3 is a koool car, but its also supply + demand + rarity............

Edited by Blue-540i

Your freaking me out man! Following and reading into my words a little to closely!

20k for 200k is not right. End of storey and there is a whole post of guys saying exactly that. I don't expect anyone to be knocking at my door and will pay what the market demands but clearly based on how long the two silver ones have been on line the market says they are not worth 20k!

Haha I'm guessing you have an m3 and are making an attempt to set the market expectation...? ;)

Funny - I read that discussion as being worded differently. You'd said that you wanted a mint low km NZ new blue one with leather interior, for 12-15k from memory as to you that's what they're worth, & people should be beating a path to your door wanting to off-load them for that..........

As mentioned there, & also here again 'Good luck with that' - IMO theres high odds you'll have to change your criteria a bit, or the price you're willing to pay....... ;):)

IIRC, the next thing you were talking bout was a non-mint UK import one that needs a bit of TLC, but was priced accordingly at the time........