Sign in to follow this  
Gus

M3

Guest Spargo

Good price for it.

I forget, can this actually be registered in 2007, or being an 87, 2008?

please :) prreeez remove the thread... my friends flying down on wednesday to see it and is sorting out finances now.

:) lubbles Surge :wub:

I've had a look at the old thread for rangiora M3's... but anymore you might have would be wicked.

andrew at bs nz .co . nz for any more indepth shots.

will be happy to take ya for a spin in it if he gets it ...

Edited by E30stz

lol ... oh but theres always some business behind shut doors ... surely Andrew has a few stories ... like how he scored his body kit :) ...

Edited by E30stz

Guest Spargo

lol ... oh but theres always some business behind shut doors ... surely Andrew has a few stories ... like how he scored his body kit :) ...

You'll recall I offered him monies for him to hold it till andy saw the ad? I was first in, and andy effectively bought my first right of refusal.

Better tell trademe to take the ad down too. And if your mate needs finance to buy it, how the f**k is he going to afford to keep it in top nick? I hope for his sake that he doesn't get in over his head and skimp on maintenance, and ruin a perfectly good M3 from the fatherland. <_<

it was a cheeky comment, i never expected this thread to get removed.

I wasnt even around when Andrew got his kit, all I know was wat Andrew told me which I obviously didnt quite get the jist of. Nevermind it was just a joke.

When I say finance I just mean his money, hes having to sell some shares to pay it off, hes not getting a loan to buy it. Hes not some random 18 year old like me, hes a business owner in his late 30's, my boss. Not so much outa his league id hope. The guys been waiting since they were produced for an opportunately to get one, the guy isnt about to buy it and not restore it, it is going to get right upto standard while its unable to be driven on NZ roads.

Edited by E30stz

When I was out there looking at a M325i that they had for sale. He said that the they had both sold, the M3's that is. So I'm not sure why he is selling this again. He did say that the 20k ones were pretty rough. I think they had a red one at some stage as well. He showed me a 30k M3 deep blue, he had just imported, that was mint!

Also, it is not just a case of waiting till it is 20 years old and then registering it, you actually have to export it, and then re-import it in new owners name.

So you will need to budget a few grand to export, and then re-import it.

I looked into it with the last one that they were selling, and found out this little published fact.

I am still just going to bring one back from the USA with me.

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

Seems to me that there might be some people stung in a couple of years - really good looking M3's seem to go for about 7-9 thousand pounds, which is only 18-23 thousand $NZ. In five years time (when almost all M3's will be OK to import) will the price still be $40-60 grand?

Edited by Nic325i

Guest Spargo

Got market flood? The hard bit will be finding a good one to bring in.

Make mine a Sport Evo just to be safe :D

Had a look at the black M3 this weekend and to be fair it wasn't bad. Maybe a bit high price wise as it needs some tidying up (mainly interior). It is the best i've driven in terms of performance most likely due to the number of receipts the owner has.

Ended up with a house instead so the E30 M3 has to wait. Must be getting old putting a house before a car

Has it been converted to RHD?Ive been told there was only 1 RHD built and its owned by Jerry Clayton.BS or not?I wouldnt be suprised.

Has it been converted to RHD?Ive been told there was only 1 RHD built and its owned by Jerry Clayton.BS or not?I wouldnt be suprised.

Correct - one original RHD E30 M3 - was the Australian show car. Now lives in AKL, but not sure if it is owned by Jerry Clayton.

Seems to me that there might be some people stung in a couple of years - really good looking M3's seem to go for about 7-9 thousand pounds, which is only 18-23 thousand $NZ. In five years time (when almost all M3's will be OK to import) will the price still be $40-60 grand?

Good M3's in the UK will go for more than that. Don't forget to add shipping costs and then on top of that, GST at 12.5% Also, you are using the current (and rather NZD favourable exchange rate).

Then, and I'm not sure on this point - you may still need to convert to RHD? If so, factor another wadge of money.

And, as Grant has suggested previously, rules may change in the interim.

Add to that, as CW suggests, finding a good one is not easy.

To counter, assuming all remains constant, you will be free to search and import, which might be to your advantage. I'd source from the US however, as dryer conditions will be better for the car as you will need to factor another 2-5 years of UK winters. Cost of rust removal, etc migh be prohibitive.

To give you an idea, and I am happy to be laughed at, given the grief that it took to get my M3 on the road, you would be lucky to own it for less than NZD55k. If you were that lucky, I'd probably like you, h3ll, I'd probably invite you over to mom's place to f**k my sister (Full Metal Jacket to finish).

My 2 cents.

J

Guest Andrew

Correct - one original RHD E30 M3 - was the Australian show car. Now lives in AKL, but not sure if it is owned by Jerry Clayton.

It sits in the used car show room.

I'd source from the US however, as dryer conditions will be better for the car as you will need to factor another 2-5 years of UK winters.

Yup, I agree

My plan is to look for one as soon as I get to the US (will source in California where the climate is pretty 'car friendly'), take my time and buy the right one (budgeting on about $12,000 - $15,000 USD), use the time I am over there to get it up to top notch condition (making as much use of my resident BMW Master Technician that I will have free access to, as possible).

I then hope that the importing rules don't change before we come back to NZ (circa late 2008, early 2009), then bring it back to NZ with us.

But should the rules change and I am unable to bring it back, I will just sell it over there, hopfully not losing any money....yet still having the M3 to use over there.

Failing that I will buy a Mustang.

This is the kind of thing I am after (its even in the same city we are looking to settle in):

http://www.roadfly.com/bmw/classifieds/car...37&sortby=&dir=

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant