Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

New bbq for summer.

Thought bugger it and went and bought a new bbq for summer as my old 3 burner was 10 years old and rather sad looking and I love my bbq food. Picked this up for half price at the good old red shed. 6 burner with side plate.

Can you get double hot plates from anywhere as I would prefer a hot plate double the size.

o8mu.jpg

wfwl.jpg

• Like 1

Try bunnings. I've gat a jackaroo like that - lasted 5 years but the burner supports at the back have rusted through, so I'm looking for a replacement. How much was 1/2 price? Would rather have a totally s/s one, but nobody makes them under $2k.

This one has cooked well....

Bought a Weber Family Q couple of month back as my first BBQ, loved it. Easy to setup and cooking area is surprisingly spacious. Got the optional hotplate which is half split with the grill.

Try bunnings. I've gat a jackaroo like that - lasted 5 years but the burner supports at the back have rusted through, so I'm looking for a replacement. How much was 1/2 price? Would rather have a totally s/s one, but nobody makes them under $2k.

This one has cooked well....

Its this one here. http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/catalog/product/Gascraft-Serrana-BBQ-Gas-6-Burner?SKU=1704377

Supposed to be stainless steel , I bought a decent cover for it as well.

Bought a Weber Family Q couple of month back as my first BBQ, loved it. Easy to setup and cooking area is surprisingly spacious. Got the optional hotplate which is half split with the grill.

I have seen those advertised on tv , pretty decent looking setup.

Was it a mission to assemble?

Looked daunting to begin with but only took about an hour , Most of it is already assembled in the box its pretty much just the cabinet you have to build.

nice bbq, Im a little old fashioned i like the charcoal one 's , where you have to plan your bbq ( more time for beers) only adds 30min to your cooking time, tastes better with a bit of smoke, each to there own.

Edited by rich

nice bbq, Im a little old fashioned i like the charcoal one 's , where you have to plan your bbq ( more time for beers) only adds 30min to your cooking time, tastes better with a bit of smoke, each to there own.

To be honest I never thought I would ever gat a bbq like this one I always thought might as well use an oven if you are going to use something like that. I am however very happy with a big cookup last night for dinner that came out pretty decent. The hood keeps the smoke circulating from the cooking and you really get that bbq flavour come through everything. I was alot more impressed that I thought I would be.

bought this thing 5 years a go which was on sale for half price.. it was way bigger than we needed at the time, but im glad we got it ... only down side it is massive and around 150kg so its not easy to move.

if ive learnt anything stainless for the outside is all good.

1392013_10152023469703982_461999838_n.jp

This is precisly what i would get if i ever went back to gas.

Yup - love my weber kettle. You need to get the right chrcoal though - the stuff i like (from namibia of all places) at Mitre10 seems to be good if you can find bags that havent been squashed & broken up. On the down side, the beer budget seems to get consumed pretty quick.....