Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

E36 post manual conversion issue

Hi guys

I've noticed a pronounced 'flat spot' in between 3 - 3.5k rpm in second gear since ditching the Jatco for the Getrag. Kinda feels like its underfuelling? Strangely it only seems to happen when pulling away from low speeds (i.e accelerating from a railway crossing etc) and only noticeable so far in 2nd. Aside from a noisy clutch on the aircon pump the motor is quiet, no known issues there.

Is this a hangover from using the auto ecu? Is there something odd going on with my vanos? Injectors, fuel pump, coil packs? Fuel consumption has noticeably dropped since the changeover so I'm assuming spark plugs aren't the trouble here. It was introducing a fuel cut above 3500 rpm until I realized I neglected to plug the speedo sender back into the diff (doh!) and yes I did remember to plug the o2 sensor back in once I reinstated the exhaust. Idle is nice and smooth.

Am scratching my head quite a bit over this

TIA!

i never had a problem with this when i converted my car so id say it to do with something else, possibly could be something you might have damaged or disturbed for example, oxygen sensors and other sensitive parts etc might be worth ago scanning it.

Yup, did think it was a bit odd. Haven't come across a similar problem in any other conversion threads I've seen around the internets. Will be very interested to discover what the cause is :)

i have a scanner if you want to use it send me a txt in case you forgot i sent you the slave cyl

i have a scanner if you want to use it send me a txt in case you forgot i sent you the slave cyl

Hadn't forgotten mate :) Might just take ya up on the offer. Chur

Are the 02 sensors plugged in the right way around

Are the 02 sensors plugged in the right way around

Uhhhmmm I assume so. Only undid the plug, wasn't keen on pulling the sensor out of the exhaust. Figured it would only go back together one way - is it possible to align the wrong pins??

Interestingly this now appears to be an intermittent fault. Hasn't struggled this week. Would this lend support to my dodgy O2 sensor theory? Or am I off the mark here?

Fanks :)