Sign in to follow this  
ntaylor90

E36 325is diff question

Hello everyone

I just want a quick yay or nay. I've had a look around but can't seem to find a definite answer.

I am wondering if I can take the gearing out of my 325is diff and put into my 318ti diff. Some out there say it's a direct replacement, some say not compatible.

Regards

Hello everyone

I just want a quick yay or nay. I've had a look around but can't seem to find a definite answer.

I am wondering if I can take the gearing out of my 325is diff and put into my 318ti diff. Some out there say it's a direct replacement, some say not compatible.

Regards

The Ti is a small case diff. I fitted a medium case 3.15 : 1 with LSD & the larger 325i MS axles. There are a few mods to do to do this

Hey buddy, thanks for the reply. I am correct in assuming the e36 diff is not just a 'bolt in' to the ti, but the e30 is?

How did you manage that?

Thanks Glenn. Awesome resource. I love what you're doing with your bastard child haha

here is my mate panel beating the floor of his 328ti to allow the e30 325i diff rear cover to fit

post-279-0-79375900-1383868346_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-32853100-1383868360_thumb.jpg