Sign in to follow this  
brockie123

bbs rs lips

I have a set of BBS RS wheels on my e30, they are the standard 1inch lip, i'm looking to widen these to become 9inch on the rear and 8-8.5 on the front. so i will need 3inch and 2.5inch lips. just wondering if anyone has gone through this before. I have done a lot of research and want to be sure i am paying the least amount for them.

The wheels are 16s with 30 bolts to split them.

little bit more info. The wheels are the BBS RS003 16s and from what i can gather it is very hard to come across a set of lips for these. anyone have these wheels and has widened them?

little bit more info. The wheels are the BBS RS003 16s and from what i can gather it is very hard to come across a set of lips for these. anyone have these wheels and has widened them?

Yep, I have gone down this road... I hope you have very very very deep pockets.

I got lips, bolts and 1/4 hex nuts through Tristan (VeeDub) when he did a bulk order way back when, Genuine BBS badges and stems from Felgen Garage, split and sand blasted them myself and had them put back together at Elite Wheels. Finally, proper rubber for this to achieve a nice stretched look isn't cheap either...

To give you an idea project owes me around $4.5K to date.

And yes, RS003's are extremely rare! Well done on sourcing a set :)

If you have any luck sourcing a good supplier I could be keen to chip in on shipping as I could use some spare parts too!

So many types of rs, it can't tell the difference...

What's the difference between rs003s and my rs005 and 006s?

I have been looking into these guys for a while now and cant find anything bad about them on the web so far, but they are german so could be really good or really bad..

http://www.titanium-touch.de/shop/index.php?language=en&XTCsid=625e127c6f1ed4dbc7b5afea525ff1e3

So many types of rs, it can't tell the difference...

What's the difference between rs003s and my rs005 and 006s?

The differences are in the face. Stud pattern, offset and the amount of holes.

I have been looking into these guys for a while now and cant find anything bad about them on the web so far, but they are german so could be really good or really bad..

http://www.titanium-touch.de/shop/index.php?language=en&XTCsid=625e127c6f1ed4dbc7b5afea525ff1e3

I used BBS rims on my Porsche 928S2. 8" front, 9.5" rear... RS016s, if memory serves correctly. I'm not sure i it was this company or another that I used for a spare lip (kerbed, split and so on) and gaskets but I also bought a set titanium bolts when I split the rims for refurbishing. No more rusting or corrosion problems.

Give this guy a call, he is in NZ(Wellington) and does lips for a good price.

027 246 8948

Thankyou so so so so so much. no idea how much easier it is dealing within the country!

Give this guy a call, he is in NZ(Wellington) and does lips for a good price.

027 246 8948

Does he make lips or are the genuine?