Old dog learning some new tricks

post-51255-0-56599600-1385022717_thumb.j

What can I say ?

Water pump failed ,yes

Idler bearing failed,yes

shuddering under breaking ,yes

short throw shifter install trouble ,yes

and the list continues ...

Welcome to the site. :) And agreed - nice wheels - rest of it is 'a E36 thing' - you'll be alright, each bridge as ya come to it sorta thing - you'll learn lotz............ ;):) Besides which none of it matters so long as it looks gooood & the wheels still go around on it..... ;)

• Like 1

The wheels are 235 BBS 17s was thinking of going thinner and 18s to accommidate bigger breaks ,she stops ok with cross drilled slotted and vented but could be better am i right?

The wheels are 235 BBS 17s was thinking of going thinner and 18s to accommidate bigger breaks ,she stops ok with cross drilled slotted and vented but could be better am i right?

It doesn't stop any good with 'that' as current set-up?? Truly?? I'm picking there's maybe a pad, pressure or leg problem somewhere in the equation................. ;):)

Hee Hee I didnt say the old boy doesnt stop well and the only thing I could compare it to would be the Tower of terrier II. But this is a car for the twistys and for me stopping is all important

Brake pad and fluid upgrade, maybe step up to some higher grade rotors like Brembo. Short of E36 M3 brakes or E46 330i there's not a lot we can do without going to aftermarket kit.

Plus by the time it's all certified ya might as well have just gone out & bought an M3. If you do want to change to 18s gimme a holler, I've been wanting a set of RCs for ages :)

Welcome aboard! :)

What can I say ?

Water pump failed ,yes

Idler bearing failed,yes

shuddering under breaking ,yes

short throw shifter install trouble ,yes

and the list continues ...

Welcome. I'm sure you will find lots of advice and help with parts around here.

What can I say, its a 20 year old car that was designed to last 5 so crap will need replacing.

• Like 1

small steps will get you there and it will take so long you will forget what it cost!

Edited by emac

small step will get you there and it will take so long you will forget what it cost!

Ive allready spent more on the old boy that I paid for it ,but to be fair I have owned it for 9 years

What can I say, its a 20 year old car that was designed to last 5 so crap will need replacing.

Well, for a 20 year old car designed to last 5 mine is still holding up pretty well. As is Corys, by the looks of it. Yes, there are a number of inherent weaknesses on the car, but given the alternatives there are far worse cars to be driving on a daily basis :)

• Like 1

And...................that's the best pic you've got?? Wheres the rest......?? :)

Its just not right and Im sorry

He was in storage for 5 years while I was in oz

Hes getting stronger now. There is no replace, There is only upgrade!

Well, for a 20 year old car designed to last 5 mine is still holding up pretty well. As is Corys, by the looks of it. Yes, there are a number of inherent weaknesses on the car, but given the alternatives there are far worse cars to be driving on a daily basis :)

I like the weaknesses those parts are the excuse to spend and bavauto does not help

• Like 1