Sign in to follow this  
michhod

Ouch

saw some newer bms tagged as LCI, googled it up turns out to be " Life Cycle Impulse"...made me sick up me lunch

What?

LCI is like a minor face lift mid model year, often its small changes like lights, interior trim, entertainment software etc.

Also. Its not lunch time.

• Like 2

Life Cycle Impulse (LCI) is the new-fangled term for a "face-lift", worked from the fact that all series have a life cycle of approximately 7 years, so to keep the design fresh(without re-designing the whole series) it is given an "impulse" three and a bit years after it is first introduced. For example the F10 5-Series went through LCI this year.

What you are thinking of Graham is the "model year update" which confusingly happens three times each year, where standard factory spec can be changed, market specific (ie NZ) spec can be changed or options can be made avaiable or removed. The amount of changes varies wildly, it can be no change at all, or a major revamp of the vehicle spec.

It's hard to keep up with all the changes!!

Oh so LCI is the facelift/

I only learned of this recently when looking at second hand E60's and someone pointed out a PDF outlining what changes the LCI brought on, I was quite amazed at how many small things they changed that most people wouldn't even notice, was interesting.

See here... maybe not so interesting if you aren't't a geek

http://5series.net/info/2008_LCI_Detailed_Changes.pdf

LCI is just a ghey name for facelift.

Somebody had WAY too much time on their hands to come up with that.

• Like 1

LCI is just a ghey name for facelift.

Somebody had WAY too much time on their hands to come up with that.

Exactly!!!! Pencil-pusher job justification somewhere by some pillock............ :rolleyes:

Oh so LCI is the facelift/

I only learned of this recently when looking at second hand E60's and someone pointed out a PDF outlining what changes the LCI brought on, I was quite amazed at how many small things they changed that most people wouldn't even notice, was interesting.

See here... maybe not so interesting if you aren't't a geek

http://5series.net/info/2008_LCI_Detailed_Changes.pdf

Great read, thanks.

Exactly!!!! Pencil-pusher job justification somewhere by some pillock............ :rolleyes:

Its just BMW's way of making the model distinguishable, car companies don't sell cars as a "facelift" that is something the media coined.

To me LCI is better than "na mate its a late 2008 car so it has LED lights, revised bumpers and some new door cards"

Or maybe it could just be the translation of the German designation into the English language..??

Or maybe it could just be the translation of the German designation into the English language..??

Ahh, rodgey - its a Gerlish phrase then.......probably explains it........... :rolleyes: