Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

530i Msport - Price check

Been for sale for a while - really nice car IMO, & its just had a price-drop on that ad - I'm picking it won't be for sale long now........ ;):)

What bout that 540 you're bidding on.........?? <_<

Rego NZ 31 Mar 2003 but assembled May 2002 was aready ten months old before being registered plus it would have missed out on any upgrades they did to the model range in September.

Still, lot of car for $6500. 2k cheaper & I'd buy it just for the engine! There MUST be a legal way to fit E39 M-sport seats to an E36!

But I digress..........

Rego NZ 31 Mar 2003 but assembled May 2002 was aready ten months old before being registered plus it would have missed out on any upgrades they did to the model range in September.

Irrelevant at the price IMO........my NZ new one sat round for so long between build date & 'sold' (nearly 2 years!!) that BMW NZ themselves brought it as a company car in the end.........

Rego and Wof has expired.... but for how long I'm not sure. Will need to find out.

It was reg & WOF'd in a previous auction.........I'd buy it in a heart-beat if I needed a daily driver.... :)

only need to re-vin a car if the rego has lapsed, which happens at 12 months from expiry. The current owner/seller pays the back dated rego that is owing. You would only have to pay to update the rego like normal.

Edited by KwS
  • Like 1

Irrelevant at the price IMO........my NZ new one sat round for so long between build date & 'sold' (nearly 2 years!!) that BMW NZ themselves brought it as a company car in the end.........

It was reg & WOF'd in a previous auction.........I'd buy it in a heart-beat if I needed a daily driver.... :)In your opThat could be so but the up dates that occur

Every thing is relevant when dealing with a car selling or buying. In this case the time frame up dates had taken place this one missed out now an extra cost. The e39 series have taken a serious hit in the price department so even this one has room to move on the price. Good on BMW NZ for buying it got them selfs a cheep company car irrelevant imo

IMO its cheap enough that no tears should be shed over it being 10 months older than its registered date. Its still a facelift, in a good colour and spec. If it were down here id be driving it right now.

Heres the Vin sheet btw. Dont know what the "Le mans Blue" crap is, this ones Topasblau.

http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/ck17102.pdf

Edited by KwS

If you are happy with the price so be it. Just that having owned a e39 530i for five and half years in that time you learn a few things about them which helps should you decided to purchase another.

No with experience gained from being their done that only wish to aid others so they can to with out the $$$$$ flying away.

• Like 1

Every thing is relevant when dealing with a car selling or buying. In this case the time frame up dates had taken place this one missed out now an extra cost. The e39 series have taken a serious hit in the price department so even this one has room to move on the price. Good on BMW NZ for buying it got them selfs a cheep company car irrelevant imo

Yes - you're right - no offence was meant in what I said, I probably just worded it a bit wrong & without context Allan........... ;):)