Sign in to follow this  
actletpone

E30 NZ New 320i SE 5 Speed Manual

I honestly might regret this, but here it goes..

6du3wk.jpg

2w342ld.jpg

25kk0pc.jpg

14tsxt5.jpg

2ps51tv.jpg

2d94i2v.jpg

2a4u9tk.jpg

mrbcs8.jpg

2h3dctw.jpg

ev5p8p.jpg

2mrcuf4.jpg

30c2hom.jpg

9ut9b6.jpg

1zz15pz.jpg

2m5kqhu.jpg

2vvq7mf.jpg

2rr56jo.jpg

$2.300 firm. Non negotiable. I will not take $1 less.

I purchased this car in July 2010 @ 247,104 k's

The car was sold brand new in Tauranga in 1990 and I am the 4th private owner.

Current mileage is 276,XXX

Wof until 9/4/14

Rego until 26/1/14

Car is located in Tauranga.

Has allot of good bits:

Factory radio with aux wired in

SE (special equipment) model, sideskirts, sports steering wheel, leather handbrake surround, ski bag hole with armrest in rear seat, factory twin pipe exhaust, boot lid lining etc

New Zealand new, no catalytic converter from factory

Shadow line window trim

Full set of original floor mats, full tool kit, wheel lock nut set with key, owners manual booklet, all windows wind down, antenna works, blower fan works, fog lights, no problems with central locking or anything

Clutch feels good

To the best of my knowledge the body is tidy and straight with little to no rust. There was a small bit in the corner by the bonnet seal where the battery sits which I cut out, there is some corrosion bubbling on the RHS wing mirror, but I honestly believe overall it is really straight.

Tyre tread was 6 mm front (Firestones) and 3 mm rear (Supercats) at last wof (26/9/13). I have all receipts and wof sheets from my ownership of the car, and service history from before, it has a full documented service history in terms of oil changes since day 1 !!!

No 'notes for next time' on last wof

Imo the car is in an overall clean condition.

Clean interior aside from wear on drivers seat side bolster. There are a couple of dash cracks but it is pretty good.

You can have a spare air flow meter I got for it while trying to diagnose a funny idle. Turned out to be a leaking intake manifold gasket leak which I replaced with a new gasket. The AFM can't be a common number or something, it took me a while to find and cost me $100, I tried putting it on trademe for $50 but couldn't sell it.

During my ownership I have done the following (not all wof items):

Replaced vacuum and fuel hoses I noticed needed replacing

New battery 17/2/11

New rear left shock mount 12/4/11 (purchased in pairs, only one was blown but you can have the other new one too)

Rear brake pads 26/1/12

2 x new Firestone tyres 21/3/12

Front left suspension arm + bushing 14/9/12

Drive shaft guibo 14/9/12

Air filter 10/12/12 @ 270,000

Fuel filter, new rear trailing arm bushings, new rear subframe bushings, new rear diff mount, brake + clutch fluid replaced 21/6/13 @ 274,000 k's

+ Many other little things, have receipts for all the main stuff.

What this car needs:

The front right panel is silver because I was sitting at a T section and someone cut the corner too close and clipped the front right bumper edge + damaged the panel. My plan was to fix this car in the summer after I finished uni, but I have recently purchased an e30 325i SE, hence the reason I am selling this one. I do not have the space to keep two cars.

Front right panel needs repainting

Paint on roof and boot have peeling clear coat

Black front right bumper plastic replacement $65

Drivers seat side bolster $150

Intake boot $65, currently has insulation tape on it

Brake rotors are getting thin

Scuff on rear right black plastic bumper trim, could probably be sanded out.

Reverse lights only work when trans is warm, probably will be the reverse light switch, they were always working by the time I drove to the garage for a wof.

The fan blade broke because the previous owner cable tied a metal shield onto the radiator hose and the cable tie broke. I put another fan blade on it which also broke. I suspect the first broken fan blade has worn the water pump bearings due to vibration. The car is due for a cam-belt replacement by age at the end of this year so I intended to do it all at once along with fixing up the paint after I finished uni. Currently cooling fan is missing 3 blades. Doesn't overheat or anything though and never has during my ownership, sits just below 1/2 way mark.

The first 3 photos are older. I have everything to go with the car including the front mud flaps, side skirt pieces, front lip and all associated clips, screws etc.

The car has not used any coolant during my ownership. Coolant was nice and green when I purchased it and was partially refilled a few months ago.

I have felt a vibration in the steering wheel around 80-100 km/h, probably needs a wheel balance.

Diff is a medium case 4.1 and makes no strange noises + no leaks, trans is a getrag 240 + no leaks and I have not had any problems, got the mechanic to check the trans oil every 2nd wof although I suspect the shift linkages are getting a bit loose. Engine runs fine imo, I top up the oil a bit between changes but consumption is not major like you need to carry around a spare bottle of oil or anything and the owners manual says the car may use up to 1 quart between changes so since I read that I stopped worrying. There is a slight oil leak down the front of the engine which I suspect is the front cam seal (replace it when timing belt is done). The car does not drip any oil on the ground and engine bay etc is very clean. Steering feels good.

I thought about swapping a b25 motor into this car many times. Many parts on this car are in better condition than those on my new 325i, I thought about swapping them over but I do not want to 'rob' them from this car, fixed up this car it will be mint. Therefore the price is non negotiable including all the better bits. Do not offer me less, the answer will be no.

To the best of my knowledge I have described this car accurately, probably too accurately. Saying that I am not a mechanic, it will be the buyers duty to inspect and it will be sold 'as is where is' and nothing I have said in this advert shall be used against me.

Feel free to ask any questions or request any pictures. Pm me if your interested. It is more than possible I have forgotten something while writing this massive wall of text, but if I remember anything I will add it.

Edited by actletpone

good luck with the sale of what seens to me to be a top start to a very good car! ] I wish i needed another project but no more room!!]

E30 SE's are nice.

It's weird how so many are manual.

GLWS... or not :D

Good luck with this one buddy.

Now I'm going to run along before I do something the wife will find hard to forgive :P

Give it to her for christmas ;)

I want it to sell so I can stop thinking about keeping it. Hands down it is in better condition than my 325. If I had the space for a project I would be keeping it.

PM'd

I know I said no under offers in the advert, but it's a different story when someone is offering you the cash. I have given it some thought, my absolute lowest is $2,300.

PM'd again -:)

Ben

If everyone described their cars for sale like you have then there wouldn't be any agro anywhere. The car is exactly as you described it and I couldn't be happier. So a public thank you for your honesty.

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1