Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

E39 540i

Could be a wheel speed sensor. Get it scanned.

Yeah I've heard that one too mate. Booked in for Friday to get it scanned, that said, since the trailer has been off the car it hasn't done it since...

^ .... that tralier black box could be malfunctioning....

Wonder if I should try unplugging the trailer just for a short distance (rear tail lights can be easily seen) and see if it happens again? Otherwise the trans shifts perfectly every other time..

^ better check unbraked weights before you do that. otherwise I do not see the issue.

Trailer I use is an unbaked single axle 6x4 trailer.

Could just be karma - ya should be towing with ya ute anyway mate, not a quality German car instead............... ;):) Should pi$$ in towing round that trailer though with no hassles - my quad yanks round a bigger one without grief....... ;) Maybe its just sending ya a subtle subliminal message about what sort of relationship it wants with trailed devices behind it.......

I'd be learning it a good lesson by dropping a decent salvage trailer on behind, & then poke the girl over & up the hill from Mosgiel a coupla times, till it comes right.... ;):)

Could just be karma - ya should be towing with ya ute anyway mate, not a quality German car instead............... ;):) Should pi$$ in towing round that trailer though with no hassles - my quad yanks round a bigger one without grief....... ;) Maybe its just sending ya a subtle subliminal message about what sort of relationship it wants with trailed devices behind it.......

I'd be learning it a good lesson by dropping a decent salvage trailer on behind, & then poke the girl over & up the hill from Mosgiel a coupla times, till it comes right.... ;):)

Well, I've given it a go plugged into the lights and it plays up when plugged in and then not without it plugged in & funny you should say that, I trialed this up 3 mile hill. IMO, it's not something I'm going to worry about.

Yea, I wouldn't be either - some gonad has probably screwed up the trailer wiring on it, or the plug is faulty or whatever - good find though. Fault could even be within the trailer's wiring itself - sorta thing ya wanna play round with when ya got a couple hours, a good multi-meter, & some Amber Fantas to dull the pain of chasing it...... ;):)

Yea, I wouldn't be either - some gonad has probably screwed up the trailer wiring on it, or the plug is faulty or whatever - good find though. Fault could even be within the trailer's wiring itself - sorta thing ya wanna play round with when ya got a couple hours, a good multi-meter, & some Amber Fantas to dull the pain of chasing it...... ;):)

Amber fantas. Haha love it. Me and home renovations and repairs in the vicinity of a box of Heineken hasn't been my best work.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Well to be fair, (without it maybe being gender biased opinion from she who waves the apron strings), I'm willing to bet that at the time it was probably brilliant work............ ;)

I've heard tyre pressures, or different wear levels/brands causing it, but I don't really see whay a light trailer would make much difference.

You didn't have the trailer upsidedown did you? :D

I've heard tyre pressures, or different wear levels/brands causing it, but I don't really see whay a light trailer would make much difference.

You didn't have the trailer upsidedown did you? :D

Bugger it, I thought the wheels are up in the air and the tray slides along the ground??

Could check tyre levels but all 4 wheels are same brand tyre and fairly evenly worn.