Sign in to follow this  
gjm

Set of 4 16" BMW Style 45 rims with tyres & centres

Those who have read of the joy of owning a high mileage car will know I have been debating replacing the standard, original, Style 45 rims. Well, here they are, for sale.

The rims are all 16x7J et47, and weigh 10.5kg each, without tyres.

The tyres are all used. Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on the front, Michelin Primacy LC on the rear. One rear is well enough worn that it may be good for 'play', but I doubt it will pass a WoF; the others all have WoF-able tread - I'll check exactly how much for anyone who is interested.

Two of the other tyres show signs of rubbing on the sidewalls, but all 4 hold air without any issues - I've owned the car for over a month, and while I have checked every week, the pressures have remained constant. I've had no punctures, and have seen no signs of any puncture repairs.

Pics (description of location on vehicle if for my reference as much as anything else):

Front left:

FL.jpg

Front right:

FR.jpg

Rear right:

RL.jpg

Rear left:

RR.jpg

As you can see, all rims have at best some marks, at worst some kerbing. There are no huge lumps missing, no flat spots (that I have noticed), and no buckles that I have felt in driving. Previous experience with a slight wandering sensation have been shown to be road surface related; on any half-decent piece of road I have no issues at all.

Collection is obviously preferred, but make it worth my while and I'll deliver in south Auckland. Or I can get them to central Hamilton most weekdays.

Price... There are these on TradeMe right now, at $230. (Lots of others too, of course, but these are the same as mine. :)) I'll sell my rims and tyres for less than these rims.

So, $200 for the set of four? I'd really like them gone this weekend if at all possible!

Obviously these aren't the sort of thing that will appeal to everyone, or even be useful. But if you have any interest, drop me a line. Make me an offer. I don't bite! :)

Not even an offer...? :(

Please don't make me try TradeMe!

its very unlikely anyone from the forum will be interested, best bet would be to $1 res it on trademe for maximum views.

Aye... I suspect you're right.

I just wanted to offer them to folk on here first. :)

There's no harm in it. Just depends on how fast u want to move it I suppose. I don't really see a point in holding on to it taking up precious garage space for an extra few bucks when it will probably sell for $100-200 on trademe anyway. Glws

I've put them on TradeMe with a start price about the same as scrap value for the rims. :)