Sign in to follow this  
Etwenty1

throwing stars/turbines spotted?

I'd love a set of silver throwing stars for my 540i saw a set sell earlier this yeat for over a grand....then i see these being sold on a 7 series.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=672929687

and these

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=672334283

are these throwing stars or turbines or something else?

• 2nd link are prob the 16" copys , but are 1 piece and turbines are not left and right

Wow, are they just covers on the "throwing stars"? Is that how the M5 wheels came?

yup , but they are lefts and rights , also a very light magnisium alloy etc

one of the lightest 17' alloy around , which means more speed :)

Turbines and T-stars are both handed to suit the wheel rotation on the left / right side of the vehicle.

The face of the turbines are all the same, but there is a 'fan' type part that sits behind this (can see in brents pic above) directing air to the rotors.

Have a staggered set on my race car. No covers though. Think Milan got them for bugger all. Staggered sets are worth quite a bit in the US too.

I am trying to locate another staggered set but they are not easy to find. Most are just 17X8 all round which are worth much less.

The 16" reps in that first link are worth stuff all. Not even sure what the other wheels are in the 2nd link. Not BMW though.

Have a staggered set on my race car. No covers though. Think Milan got them for bugger all. Staggered sets are worth quite a bit in the US too.

I am trying to locate another staggered set but they are not easy to find. Most are just 17X8 all round which are worth much less.

The 16" reps in that first link are worth stuff all. Not even sure what the other wheels are in the 2nd link. Not BMW though.

They were so cheap I drove to napier and back before a race to get them!