Sign in to follow this  
gjm

M-Sport 535i

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/535i/auction-669776653.htm

I wasn't looking for this car, but for another one we have seen for sale.

Parked on the side of the road in Takanini, between Countdown and Repco. If you've driven that road at al, you'll probably have seen cars for sale there.

The two - assuming they are two - cars, this one on TradeMe and the one in Takanini, look very similar, down to the towbar and the rear spoiler. However, the Takanini car has imho much nicer wheels (easily changed, of course) and I think it may be an automatic.

Nice-looking cars. Even Mrs M said so.

Don`t like the wheels, not a biggie I guess. I don`t know why, but these sit forever on trade me. There is a red one( ex uk) that is a permanent `for sale`.

I had an auto 535 NZ new and these are better cars I guess but nobody wants them any more. Strange..

That's not a Motorsport car, looks to be an SE. Well overpriced considering the condition and k's.

Edited by _Mark_
  • Like 1

Been on trademe for awhile now, good optioned car including 5spd and LSD but its no m-sport. It looks worn\rugged and overpriced too.

To be quite honest, I have no idea what these cars might be worth. (If I decide to go after one, I'll be sure to ask! :) )

I agree with Ray - I don't like the wheels. But it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things.

Well a proper 535is in respectable condition is usually around the 5k mark. To me the car is worth 2k maybe 2.5k max depending on what been done and what is needs.

Ta.

I suspect that if I get a 5-series, it'll be a Touring. Hmm... An E39 M-Sport 530Dx Touring... Nice idea!

But as I said, Mrs M did like the car we saw parked up. Now that is no reason to buy that car, but possibly one similar, one day.

Ta.

I suspect that if I get a 5-series, it'll be a Touring. Hmm... An E39 M-Sport 530Dx Touring... Nice idea!

But as I said, Mrs M did like the car we saw parked up. Now that is no reason to buy that car, but possibly one similar, one day.

a e39 530 diesel awd touring? good luck finding one of those.There are some 525 awd e34 tourings about I think

Well a proper 535is in respectable condition is usually around the 5k mark. To me the car is worth 2k maybe 2.5k max depending on what been done and what is needs.

thats about what i eventually got for mine prolly better than "respectable"

a e39 530 diesel awd touring? good luck finding one of those.There are some 525 awd e34 tourings about I think

I suspect the 4WD bit is going to prove the biggest issue!

There was a 530D Touring on TradeMe recently, but for now it's way more than I'll be considering spending.

My 320d is all I need. :)