Sign in to follow this  
NVADER

E38 750iL Cruiser

Awh I got one thing to say it's the same as taking the airbag warning light bulb out almost slapped a guy at work when he said cud he just pull the bulb out

Not really, a missing SRS light will fail a WOF whilst still being dangerous. This mod will pass a WOF, whilst also being potentially dangerous.

Anyway, i think all that needs to be said about SRS has been said, and there is now a dedicated thread. Might a suggest a mod clean this thread up for the OP?

• Like 1

Awh I got one thing to say it's the same as taking the airbag warning light bulb out almost slapped a guy at work when he said cud he just pull the bulb out

It is NOT the same as taking the warning bulb out. The SRS bulb lights to show the system is self checking, and when a fault is detected. Removing the bulb would not solve the problem.

Bypassing a faulty mat sensor so that airbags fire on impact regardless of occupancy does solve the problem. The only downside would be that if someone crashed into my car while no one was in it, the bags would still go off - my cost, my problem; not anyone else's :) The system can still self check, and the bags still fire, which would not happen by just removing the bulb.

Again; enough about airbags. If you don't agree with me, good on ya; huge fan of independent thought that I am, but you don't have to keep going on about in this thread. The decision's been made.

Edited by NVADER
  • Like 1

Tires finally arrived so new rims are all on now. No noticeable difference in ride quality or handling compared the the standard rims which is cool. Pretty happy with them but definitely need to lower it a bit in the front. May possibly look at some spacers for the rear too so that they're in line with the guards.

I'll take some better pictures after I give it a wash tomorrow.

post-8671-0-81453900-1391254960.jpgpost-8671-0-20396400-1391254972.jpg

Also, speed sensor issue is all sorted now thanks to a genuine second hand item from Brent.

• Like 1

thanks

and looking good.

wil be stripping a 95 750iL this week if there are any other bits you need

looks the the perfect size for that car.

very good looking

thanks

and looking good.

wil be stripping a 95 750iL this week if there are any other bits you need

If that's the one with the lowering springs then yeah I'm keen on those. What colour interior does it have?

If that's the one with the lowering springs then yeah I'm keen on those. What colour interior does it have?

yes it is

have sold the complete black interior , going up to malasia .

but have parts from other e38's tan and black interior stuff , what do you need

Time for a quick update. The beast hasn't been driven much lately as I noticed a bit of a wobble in the steering over 70kp/h. Took it in for a warrant and turns out one of the ball joints in the tie rod drag link is pretty close to falling out. The advice I've had is that genuine is the only way with these links as aftermarket jobs tend to not fit or wear out quickly however, the company that supplied me the faulty ABS sensors has agreed to exchange them for a drag link at no extra cost so I'm going to run with that first and see how I go.

After that I'm going to get stuck into the interior.

Have you researched the 'e38 shimmy' issue?

Yeah a bit. The ball joints on the drag link are definitely very worn and in need of replacement so that's the first thing. If that doesn't fix the wobble I'll go through the shimmy list.

Does anybody know the differences between normal and motorsport suspension packages on these by the way?

Got bored and decided to replace the parcel shelf speakers today. Went for 5.25" JVC 2 ways as they fit without modification in the factory enclosures. So good to be free of blown speaker distortion.

Old:
post-8671-0-34800200-1393131514_thumb.jp
post-8671-0-18461300-1393131529_thumb.jp

New:
post-8671-0-21798600-1393131552_thumb.jp
post-8671-0-56797200-1393131562_thumb.jp