Sign in to follow this  
lidistick

Best roads by BMW NZ.

Might try the 2nd one when I am down there over new years. Sounds good.

I tried a road called Woodcocks Road just north of Auckland the other week. Was told it is amazing by so many people who reside North of the Bridge.

What a POS road. Surface is rooted. Corners have no flow and most are blind. Road is busy. Many bridges are one way and have sharp changes in road height.

4/10

Much prefer Howick to Kaiawa via Beachlands.

I can vouch for #2 however just be careful. the local constabulary know this road is used for a high speed bypass. Good radar required!

Might try the 2nd one when I am down there over new years. Sounds good.

I tried a road called Woodcocks Road just north of Auckland the other week. Was told it is amazing by so many people who reside North of the Bridge.

What a POS road. Surface is rooted. Corners have no flow and most are blind. Road is busy. Many bridges are one way and have sharp changes in road height.

4/10

Much prefer Howick to Kaiawa via Beachlands.

You would hate Targa then!

My favorite road is one that is closed.

I can vouch for #2 however just be careful. the local constabulary know this road is used for a high speed bypass. Good radar required!

Stumbled on this road a year or two ago, it is pretty tight in places. Nice part of the country.

You would hate Targa then!

My favorite road is one that is closed.

Big difference between a closed road during Targa and a road full of centre line crossing and right of way ignoring locals in their race car Hilux's and SV6 Commodores.

• Like 1

Big difference between a closed road during Targa and a road full of centre line crossing and right of way ignoring locals in their race car Hilux's and SV6 Commodores.

Yup, sure is, refer to Ace of Spades car crash thread!

Was meaning this part

"What a POS road. Surface is rooted. Corners have no flow and most are blind. Many bridges are one way and have sharp changes in road height"

Sounds like an average Targa stage, unpredictable, bumpy, narrow bridges and blind in most places, if you don't like that sort of thing you would hate Targa is all was saying! Those roads are regarded the best by a lot of people.. but one mans nightmare is another mans day dream.
One of my favorites is the road in and out of Whangamomona, the best I have driven this year was old road to Russell.