Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

Anyone want a 1996 NZ new ragtop 328i? Heres your chance...

There's another one asking $6k on TM, I thought about replacing the E30 with one, then thought why?

love that tan interior, I wonder if I should grab that, but then again the neighborhood cats and dogs might make the ragtop full of holes. but its also no msports and got like 230K's (I know its not high for these motors but still) could probably be had for like 5K. But I am not looking for a convert.

@Scott, do you find the bmw verts chick magnets or dick magnets (excuse my language). I find most guys are interested in these cars, young or old. most chicks just see the badge and don't know what it is. whats your take on the subject.

Most chicks used to love it (it's been in the garage for years), guys used to hate being passed by it. As soon as I tell a chick I have it, they want to go for a ride. I think it's the age/shape (of the car, not the driver), as opposed to an E36, but who knows?

I think the E36 vert is a gorgeous car. I love this one... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=667713493 - shame it's only a 4cyl or I'd consider it for those perfect summer days!

There was a really nice blue E36 M3 vert with grey leather on TM for a while... If I'd had the cash!!! Would still want the V8 for the grunt work.

I think the E36 vert is a gorgeous car. I love this one... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=667713493 - shame it's only a 4cyl or I'd consider it for those perfect summer days!

There was a really nice blue E36 M3 vert with grey leather on TM for a while... If I'd had the cash!!! Would still want the V8 for the grunt work.

The one down South. That was a cheap car, $17k?

I was meaning more from an age thing. There are so many rough E36 cars around now, they drag down the whole image, like E30s a few years ago. As time goes by, a good one will look really good, like an E30 or mint E34.

E36 convertibles are an amazing looking car would love to own one

Yea mate, it'd make an amazing mobile gold fish bowl given Palmy weather.............. ;):)

It's was nice between 8-2 today lol that just mean chicks get wet hmmmm no issue with that

Well true, theres always that as a benefit!! 'Nice', as in between 8-2 it was probably just grey, getting grey, had been grey, & was working itself up to being umm........raining.............. :rolleyes::)

Na was pretty warm n sunny finished my lunch break n it pissed down lol that's palmy for u

Most chicks used to love it (it's been in the garage for years), guys used to hate being passed by it. As soon as I tell a chick I have it, they want to go for a ride. I think it's the age/shape (of the car, not the driver), as opposed to an E36, but who knows?

I am actually in the fence between a hard top or a vert. Do you think you would be pissed off and act hostile if you saw a guy (lets say me) driving that tan interior 328i? I will admit I kinda like it. I like converts but every time I see a convert i feel the guy driving it is kinda like tom cruse (not manly and kinda gay and weak). They wear this quarter pants and blue or red polo shirts and have this gay smile on their face with some cheap sun glasses. I dont know. Even if I have a chick next to me I would feel kinda open and insecure driving a convert or a wagon. You know like the feeling you get when you cant pee properly if another guy is looking at you. :rolleyes:

But I love when i see girls driving them, once saw this one cougar driving a e36 down sh1. looked good. I was in a "sports" wagon.

Yea mate, it'd make an amazing mobile gold fish bowl given Palmy weather.............. ;):)

no kidding, this actually happened around 2009, 2 chicks and some guy put some garbage bags in the interior and flood it with water and were driving around Auckland in very little cloths. It was all over the news. next week 2 chicks crashed one into a truck, it went completely inside the truck. drivers were okay. :)

thats my old black 328i vert i fixed up a few years back

was quite a nice car when it was all done .

i wonder if the electric roof still works

have some nice build pics if anyone wants to see

hi, how much did you sell it to him for?

I would be interested to see a few pictures, if you have it somewhere up here post a link. Maybe I will go have a peep at it. it might be worth a look after all. not sure if the guy maintained it or if its got any major problems, but from the looks of it, it seems I will have to change the door cards.

hi, how much did you sell it to him for?

I would be interested to see a few pictures, if you have it somewhere up here post a link. Maybe I will go have a peep at it. it might be worth a look after all. not sure if the guy maintained it or if its got any major problems, but from the looks of it, it seems I will have to change the door cards.

i think around $8-9k mark

was few of years back now.

had about 190k then

new paint , new interior,seats ,carpet ,dash etc , a few new panels ,windscreen , lights , bumpers , wheels , suspension , new rear window , repaired the roof ,

allsorts of things done.

post-279-0-83424100-1389083052_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-82636200-1389083168_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-26687000-1389083259_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-96110400-1389083279_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-01842500-1389083693_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

thanks, it looks more then decent, the colour came out pretty nice aswell and price wasn't bad either. I think I am gonna have a small chat with the guy if I can get myself to buy a vert, this will def be on top of my list. I am just afraid cats may tear it up or some kid may cut it open or steal something when I go hiking up the mountains leaving the car unattended for hours.

mind if I ask a few other questions?...I am assuming it came with the msports xbrace fitted, did also have an LSD? How was the engine and gear box on it?? had any issues worth mentioning? and did you get to service the transmission on it (oil change)? was it the regular or motorsports suspension that you put in? I am thinking to do a small e36 328i project with m3 cams, m50 intake, headers, exhaust and a small tune and wondering if that vert would be a worth while place to start.

All 'verts did. But don't worry so much about that, they're inexpensive (~$150) and easy to fit on all 5/95+ e36's. Can also be installed on pre-5/95 but you need extra parts (nutserts).

Yea as far as I know all verts came with the xbrace to make the chassis more stiff due to verts having more movement as they lack a roof. But thought I'd just ask anyway, you never know if it was damaged by the po who had to remove it and what not. I wonder maybe if it has LSD as well I might get tempted, as that will save me another 1K and back pain time under the car..

PS: Did all 5/95 cars come with the nutserts pre installed? So I just bolt it on and I am done? :o

The nutserts are a PIA to install imo, welding should be so much better and easier (although then removing the oil pan becomes a pain).

Edited by MoJoJoe

yea factory sports suspension

no lsd

i didn't touch the trans

gearbox worked fine then

would be nice with a manual conversion , already has the tall 3.07 diff in it.

only issue with cats as they like to sleep on the roof ,

lay a towel on top if they do

just get a alarm with motion sensors fitted if need be.

cant steal the cars easily with ews anyway

I spoke to the guy, Roof works with a bit of help as rubbers inside roof are old. Air con need service. Driver door is sagging, rear seat needs stitching repairs. Rear fan works well. Has some paper work for recent maint .Its the little things that make the car. was going to offer him like 5~ 5.5K but not anymore. I think 4.5K would be a great price if anybody wants to grab the vert for his wife or mother or something.