Sign in to follow this  
mjh

Car Wrap

Hi all,

Who would be the best crowd in NZ to do a full car wrap??

The car I have in mind is in very good condition and has only done 3,000km so I want to ensure there is absolutely no damage to the paintwork.

Cheers

talk to carfolie. there is a thread about their car wtapping at the top of general as a sticky thread

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Carfolie are probably the cheapest - I'm not totally sold on the quality. They do it quickly and cheaply - there are some other posts about this where they've failed to tint dot matrix windows properly. I'm guessing Matthew isn't too worried about the cost rather the quality of finish.

There are a few advertised but I'm afraid I can't vouch for all. I had my tints done by Carfolie. Very cheap but some issues with quality which the perfectionist in me finds hard to ignore.

For a change of colour or just paint protection?

It would be for a full change of colour (silver to black). I'm after the best quality wrap in the country and happy to pay a bit extra for quality.

If you're thinking of getting it done in Manawatu, pm me & I'll tell ya who NOT to use - after 2 really bad attempts with black product 'fails', I then sucked it up & got what I wanted changed properly painted........

properly painted........

classic. nothing beats a properly painted car.

a well done wrap does look good too, but just not the whole car. it looks ghetto.

Edited by MoJoJoe

I know a couple of guys that have had high value cars pro wrapped to a good standard in Auckland. Will see if I can get recommendations. Might also be worth PMing Tristan, I think he was looking into it for his E92 M3 so he may have done some research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a couple of guys that have had high value cars pro wrapped to a good standard in Auckland. Will see if I can get recommendations. Might also be worth PMing Tristan, I think he was looking into it for his E92 M3 so he may have done some research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - any recommendation will be welcome.

Definitely go with GAS graphics application services or something like that. They have a couple options for film choice and a normal car takes 6 hours to complete. They are always fully booked and the guys are experts as far as i know.

Tom Mason at Sign-a-Rama in Auckland is your best bet. Prob the most experienced in the industry. Have used him to fully wrap my E30 race car and he's also done Callum Quins Skinny E30 and his Telecom GT86, plus a number of others in the race series. Wouldn't get anything done without at least getting a quote from him.

Quick update. After a bit of research and recommendations from Mclaren and CCS Porsche I have decided to go with Redline. They seem very professional and have a good reputation.

Thanks - any recommendation will be welcome.

Sorry didn't see this 'til just now. It looks like I'll probably be having the E92 wrapped soon by Carfolie. Will be interested to hear your take on Redline once you've done that.

As for research on my behalf, it's been pretty limited. :)

Sorry didn't see this 'til just now. It looks like I'll probably be having the E92 wrapped soon by Carfolie. Will be interested to hear your take on Redline once you've done that.

As for research on my behalf, it's been pretty limited. :)

As the car will be in AKL for the next month or so feel free to PM me and have a look once it's done. Redline should start late next week after CCS have finished a service etc.

*Edit* By virtue of me being on pretty much every forum there is in NZ I've now figured out what car this is, will ask for pics on a more pertinent forum! :)

Edited by Zadkiel