Sign in to follow this  
topless

Gear linkage E30

Am busy rebuilding bits for my M325. The bushes on the base of the gearlever and coupling for the gear selecter shaft are shot. Are these bushes available? I suspect they arn't...

pic shows bits with bushes removed

Any hints?

the coupling bush is....however if i was to do mine again i would use about 3mm of fuel hose. the other bushes are part of the gear lever, which is one piece

get a short shift

do it

The gear linkage coupling bush is bloody thin, maybe 1.5mm max. Fuel hose is much thicker... I know I'm being thick here so help an old fella out, do I bore out the inside of the coupler? :wacko:

get a short shift

do it

real men don't use short shifters... :finger:

Edited by topless

jkust wondering what i should do to my gearbox before i put it on my car? ie new bushes as th get sloppy dont they? is it hard to do once its in the car? thanks

Once it is in the car you'd have to remove the exhaust and driveshaft to get to it, so easier when out. I replaced the bushes that hold the sheetmetal console to the box, but all the others looked/felt fine so I didn't bother.

Edit: that said, you could prob do the one topless is asking about through the hole in the trans tunnel that the gearshift pokes through - would be a fiddly job tho.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey