Sign in to follow this  
actletpone

1 owner type e28

I've been looking at E28s lately too.

Prices seem high, here, certainly by comparison with the UK at the moment. OK, so there are fewer here, but there's one in particular I found for sale in the UK advertised as a 1987 M535i (with an auto box? Can't readily check as no VIN details available). Looks to be in great condition, and has an asking of (equivalent) $9k. OK, there's shipping and associated costs to account for, but for a very good car perhaps it's not so ridiculous?

I've been looking at E28s lately too.

Prices seem high, here, certainly by comparison with the UK at the moment. OK, so there are fewer here, but there's one in particular I found for sale in the UK advertised as a 1987 M535i (with an auto box? Can't readily check as no VIN details available). Looks to be in great condition, and has an asking of (equivalent) $9k. OK, there's shipping and associated costs to account for, but for a very good car perhaps it's not so ridiculous?

yea but the UK ones are normally full of rust and bad welded up rust repairs .

just check the underside of the UK ones compared to a NZ one.

yea but the UK ones are normally full of rust and bad welded up rust repairs .

just check the underside of the UK ones compared to a NZ one.

This one claims to be rust free...

Have a look. http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C367339

I agree with Brent - 'rust free & ex -UK' are contradictions..........the only thing you'd probably get rust free outa the mother-land would be Tupperware...... ;)

I agree with Brent - 'rust free & ex -UK' are contradictions..........the only thing you'd probably get rust free outa the mother-land would be Tupperware...... ;)

I lived there long enough that I thought I might need dipping in phosphoric acid before I'd be allowed into NZ! It takes a long time to dry out the sogginess caused by many years in the UK... ;-)

• Like 1