Any one in Napier starting a project ? Isetta

Saw this little gem in our Welly depot, needs a bit of work tho

post-3075-0-38241100-1389995291.jpg

post-3075-0-95154600-1389995314_thumb.jp

post-3075-0-77926100-1389995331_thumb.jp

post-3075-0-37578000-1389995353_thumb.jp

post-3075-0-23587000-1389995373_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I want it! put a m42 in it, it will be better then an m3 track car. lol.

Saw one on trademe too. plenty of room for 2 people and a dog too, and if move the door a bit higher, you can make enough room for 3 different sexual positions!

theres one on there now for 5500 or thereabouts, bit steep for something that needs so much work.

Do your freight stickers peel off easily Hans? Hate to see the paint damaged. Or is it holding part of it together?

theres one on there now for 5500 or thereabouts, bit steep for something that needs so much work.

the one on trademe now is on 8k and reserve still not met, very pricey

the one on trademe now is on 8k and reserve still not met, very pricey

i totally get the 'i love it i must buy it whatever the price' mentality, id be hesitant to give him 3 or 4 that would be my limit for something that needs so much work! even the engine has a big question mark over it, might start and run now but how long for if it has been sitting so long, doesnt even come up in carjam so must have been sitting for at least 15 years!

• Like 1

They're quite sweet really at some levels - I wouldn't mind owning one. Dunno if I'd want to drive it too far or at any great speed though.........

i totally get the 'i love it i must buy it whatever the price' mentality, id be hesitant to give him 3 or 4 that would be my limit for something that needs so much work! even the engine has a big question mark over it, might start and run now but how long for if it has been sitting so long, doesnt even come up in carjam so must have been sitting for at least 15 years!

all i can think of is the cost it would cost to restore from top to bottom, including pulling the engine and rebuilding it

What is a restored one worth?

all i can think of is the cost it would cost to restore from top to bottom, including pulling the engine and rebuilding it

What is a restored one worth?

Apparently they're worth a fair bit going off these links - makes the one is Southland look viable for a restore anyway.............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Other-COMPLETE-GROUND-UP-RESTORATION-/181299703296

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Other-300-/191039601090

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Other-COMPLETE-HIGH-LEVEL-GROUND-UP-RESTORATION-/390744077946

Last one here equates to around $45k NZD.............

That would be my new Isetta that has been spotted. It is indeed the one from Dunedin. It is definitely restorable but it will sit in the shed until the other one is finished. Parts are readily available from the states and Europe and restored ones are worth abit of money. But why would you want to sell something that cool????

• Like 1

as cool as they may be, there are SO many cars in line before this i would be spending $45k on.

• Like 1

Any photos of the other one Chris cheers

Edited by bmrmad

Lol, such a big pile of work in such a little car! :) Good on ya for having the bollocks to tackle something like that. Any photos of the completed / work in progress Isetta you have? Do rather have a soft spot for the little oddballs :)

post-2012-0-99378600-1390445787_thumb.jp

post-2012-0-70407500-1390445813_thumb.jp

post-2012-0-70532300-1390445863_thumb.jp

Sorry about the rubbish cellphone pictures.

The body is just resting on the chassis in these photos.

Ill try dig out some pictures of how it looked when we got it.

• Like 1

awesome chris, you have a build thread on your process?

Yea ditto, that needs a proper thread of its own I reckon.................... :wub: Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

Google Steve Urkel's car and bring back memories lol [ try to download didn't work ]

way did they send it to Napier if you are in palmy Chris

I did start a thread a few years ago but everything was happening so slowly I never updated it. Its round at my dads place. I have no room for it at the moment.

please do update us chris, these wee cars are so awesome

i took this photo at jeff gray chch in july last year....it wasnt for sale

IMG_3852_zps9c9cd411.jpg

• Like 1

And don't park too close to the end of your garage - real awkward to get out :lol: Some later ones had reverse though - not so much the early ones

• Like 1