Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

That was a ugly shake! 6.3..........

Ha, reading this reminds me why I'm grateful to be a Kiwi. In the US half the country would be in an apocalyptic hysteria, whereas here we're relieved it's just a 6.3 quake, not something wrong with our car! :D

Nothing here, i checked the garage nothing had fallen on the cab before i checked the house lol. got all the hammers and saws and tools etc hanging on the wall by the front left gaurd so have always wondered what would happen in a big shake.

Defiantely had enough of them though and i havent even lost a single thing yet, this one or the previous big ones. but everything is always bolted to the walls etc here, no she'll be right here. Must get my emergency water tank installed though, been sitting here since before chrissy.

Don't mean to burst your bubble mate,but the quakes we have had are tiddlers
  • Like 2

I hate them, with a vengeance, always have - always will. :( Even as a kid. Flood / fire we can flee to better ground (as such), earthquakes less so at times. Same with the thought of tornados like they get in the states doesn't spin my wheels much either.............

Was working in a highrise in Wgtn. Wasn't as strong as two of the Sedon Quakes in Wellington but we certainly got under desks !

Apparently the Quake had 10% of the energy that struck Chch. :mellow:

Sent staff home to be with families etc.

Another day in the Shaky Isles.

I'm sure I'd hate it too, but I once experienced and earthquake in Wellington... I say "experienced"... I slept right through, but it woke the locals we were staying with! :lol:

I really hope the stop, mostly for everyones sanity, more than anything!

I really hope the stop, mostly for everyones sanity, more than anything!

Unlikely...

whats worse than earthquakes around here (Tararua)?

missing one then people asking you "did you feel it?"

Get that knockwd over mate. ,corrugated iron is only 1/2 mm thick(not counting the " galvanising"

Well the wind took care of the back bit today lol got a txt whilst at work urmm some of the chimney fell off at the exact same time got a txt from landlord saying they just found out I can call the firemen on the land line and they can take it down to roof level so I left a message on there answer phone lol

• Like 1

Boys turned up in the big red ute yet...............?? ;) Be a nice job for them instead of the fatal MVA's they've had last coupla weeks.......

Yeah turned up earlier today they said it has to come down as it dangerous and have taped off the front part of the house landlord have to organise taking it down gf was disappointed she reckons there was only 1 hot fireman lol

gf was disappointed she reckons there was only 1 hot fireman lol

I take it none of the Palmy firechicks were in the Scania ute then...........

Cracks me up that your landlord has gotta deal with it now..............

Another one last night... 5.2, near Stewart Island.:(