Sign in to follow this  
jjs

What's it worth?

A friend of mine has inherited a BMW and asked me for my opinion of what she could realistically sell it for.

Its a NZ new E46 318i Sedan - auto in silver with black leather travelled 160kms. Its tidy, but not mint. Good tyres, new WOF, recent service etc.

E46's seem to be going for peanuts on Trade Me now... Anyone on here recently bought or sold one and could give an opinion on what it would be worth. Is $5k too optimistic?

manuals worth more. manual im sport trim 4k. base trim less. service history a plus

Edited by jason H

Any idea what year it is? The later cars are much more economical than the earlier ones.

As for value... Prices are all over the place. Late model E46s seem to have high asking prices, even $10k+ in some cases, but as far as I can tell aren't selling well. Older (pre-2000, especially) do sell better, but are advertised much, much cheaper - sub $5k in many cases.

Duh sorry... It's 1999 (hmm just like the Prince song)

4 and a 1/2k maybe - 5k with a good detail clean I reckon.

Any services history/paper work will always go in your favour.

Good luck!

(strange attempt at targeting, now my posts dissappeared. :rolleyes: )

anyway in case you didn't get to read.

imo realistic price 3.5k. sale price probably 4k. maybe 4.5K if ur friend manages to get a hold of the ripe (parents looking to buy their kid a first "safe" car.)

5k @ 318i + silver = sure he can try & ask, but chances are slim.

We sold out auto 99 318i with black leather 105kms for 5.5k so 4.5 - 5k is a good estimate

Take it to turners and see what they will give you for there "cash now"

From what I've heard, three fifths of bugger all. Their cash now pricing is pretty well equivalent to a trade in at a yard :( After all, they're in it to make money, not fulfil a sense of social duty :)