Sign in to follow this  
lorryse36

1987 E30 318i manual coupe - How much is it worth?

I have the opportunity to pick up this car, as title says..

Jap import, 2 NZ owners.

Factory manual .

130,000kms.

Absolutely mint, inside and out, bar one small crack in the dash.
M10.

Bottlecaps.

Silver.

No photos unfortunately but you get the idea. What would you pay?

Max $2k, even enthusiasts tend to forget about the M10

Cheers for the input. I know the m10 is a bit of a dinosaur but man, 2k? Wasn't expecting such a low number :wacko: Hmm!

Hey ya asked for a number. It's worth the price at which you are happy to sell it for. Anything over that is a bonus.

I wouldn't take one on as a do up project as they are least desirable engine in the chassis, does have a manual box behind it. And you will probably sell to someone for thier first car etc, most likely not an enthusiast, which is where the higher prices are

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Hey ya asked for a number. It's worth the price at which you are happy to sell it for. Anything over that is a bonus.

I wouldn't take one on as a do up project as they are least desirable engine in the chassis, does have a manual box behind it. And you will probably sell to someone for thier first car etc, most likely not an enthusiast, which is where the higher prices are

Yeah I appreciate it too, just a bit suprised. I'm looking at buying it, not selling it. The guy wants a fair bit more than 2k though haha.

I think 'whats it worth to you' to own it, needs factored in more than anything else probably.......... ;):)

Andy says 2k tops, but some-one else could say $1500 or 3k - the only real perspective is what it's worth to you to have sitting in your driveway.......in comparison with what else is available for similar money...... ;)

I reckon that's cheap, but I'm wildly guessing it's probably not the one, unless it's clicked up a extra 120ks real quick, & had coupla extra doors grafted in by the midnight spares boys or something........ ;):)

No not that one, you won't find the one I'm looking at online, yet... :rolleyes:

I am torn between paying a bit extra for the condition and mileage vs the fact that it's an m10. Decisions decisions.

They are desirable as a bmw enthusiasts daily driver haha, I'm looking for one.

Guess it depends on if he's willing to negotiate and that actual condition of the car once its viewed. If there's any issues etc he should be willing to drop the price

M10 is solid as engine, not as fast or efficient as the M40 but id rather bet my life on a M10 than an M40.

They are desirable as a bmw enthusiasts daily driver haha, I'm looking for one.

Guess it depends on if he's willing to negotiate and that actual condition of the car once its viewed. If there's any issues etc he should be willing to drop the price

M10 is solid as engine, not as fast or efficient as the M40 but id rather bet my life on a M10 than an M40.

Cheers for the responses fellas. I have viewed the car a couple times, it's a mate of mine's father's. There isn't a scratch on it and it drives very well. Tomorrow is D-day, at this point I am leaning towards buying it.

+1 on the M10, under-rated i reckon. one i had seem to rev out better than a m20b20. Maybe swap the diff for a better ratio and get the timing right on.

I sold my M10 engined automatic E30 sedan for more than double that within a few hours of listing, a couple years ago

Now sitting in my driveway :D I'll chuck some photos up when it isn't sharing the drive with three other cars :rolleyes:

• Like 1