Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

Paging apex, your ride has arrived.

He's been very quiet lately ae...........

Kooool car - intriguing that theres only 2 in NZ, & yet somehow this one ended up in Mosgiel of all places..........and its got it's roof off........ :)

(Mosgiel typically has 3 weather patterns - been raining, gonna rain, & is raining.........) ;)

Edit. Maybe it doesn't actually come with a roof..............??!!!

Edited by Blue-540i

That's got to be about $10k more than when they were new! (Around 33000 euro.)

Damnit. Another investment opportunity missed... :(

I remember about 2008 these were going for about 15k euro in UK, correct me if i'm wrong.

That's my recollection, too. Possibly less.

Currently selling for 18-25k GBP.

This was at Turners about a year ago. Surely they aren't worth that kind of $$$ ?

There`s more money than you think down those parts ( and further South ) Someting to do with Rain, Grass , and Sheep. However the locals tend to be quite restrained about showing it. You would NOT fit in down there driving that.

• Like 1

Just looking at it. Gotta be an old farmer`s ride. What about the Hillman Minx for $5999 ? 60 year old boy racers` car. Bet the local cops have a thick file on it ..

There`s more money than you think down those parts ( and further South ) Someting to do with Rain, Grass , and Sheep. However the locals tend to be quite restrained about showing it. You would NOT fit in down there driving that.

Exactly..........specially down in Southland...............all sorts of seriously koool stuff just sitting in farmer's sheds, getting used occasionally........

Lotsa money, & some kooool stuff in Canterbury too........just not as much........ :D

Seen this driving round town Afew times. Was wondering what it was. And yea wheels has some sweet cars on his lot

Troo. Especially Southland IMO. A lot of old money & where some can spend 30+ on a euro in the north, that cash is spent on old school cars more often down here.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Rare it may be, bit of a stretch to call it pretty though :blink: have never been able to work out how the surrender monkeys manage to design so many god-awful looking autos!

• Like 1

If you go to the seller`s other listings, you can see the Hillman minx in the showroom. What`s beside it on the right..an Armstrong Siddley ? We may need Graham`s help on this one..

Given the steerings on the wrong side, its got no roof, no towbar, nowhere to put the working dog or hay bales, & costs about the same as a new Cruiser ute, I reckon it might be sitting down there for a while ........ ;):) Probably ain't gonna like gravel roads much either at a wild guess............

If you go to the seller`s other listings, you can see the Hillman minx in the showroom. What`s beside it on the right..an Armstrong Siddley ? We may need Graham`s help on this one..

It's an Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire 346.

(Not sure if I'm the Graham you were thinking of, though!)

Yes mate, because you are our expert on Pommie cars. ( And that big V8 Merc a few posts ago...) However, would you shell out 6 grand for the Hillman Minx. Don`t forget, it`s been converted to floor change...

Lol.

No, but I wouldn't buy a Hillman Minx.

I might go for the Armstrong Siddeley, though... :)

It's an Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire 346.

(Not sure if I'm the Graham you were thinking of, though!)

Slightly worrying that you know this & still get to roam about without sedation, supervision, & one of those special jackets that does up at the back.............. ;):)