Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

Help! pass me warrant!! arhh

my car is quite low, but is legal, the warrant guy doesnt mind but he wont pass me for one thing:

on one side (rear left) the tyre rubs when driving over bumps on the INSIDE of the gaurd???? how can i stop this, he said it cannot touch when on a bump or has to be out so much, would a new shock fix this?

Edited by nz320i

how do i do that? i didnt know it was adjustable?

It isnt adjustable, you need a camber kit - some people were doing a group buy on them a while ago...

Is the rubbing on the gaurds or chassis rail or suspension? A gentle persuader will fix gaurd problems as you can stretch them out, but I would suggest finding out why it only does it on one side also.

Negative camber could also possibly be due to a poked rear strut couldnt it? I'm not an expert but I remember I had a similar problem when I 'aired' my dads peugeot at an inappropriate place.

Do you have any wheel alignment issues like does the car pull one way or another?

It isnt adjustable, you need a camber kit

You don't necessarily need a camber kit... it can be done reasonably easily and cheaply, have done quite a few this way. Posted a bit of info on it a while back.

You don't necessarily need a camber kit... it can be done reasonably easily and cheaply, have done quite a few this way. Posted a bit of info on it a while back.

Yep sure you can do it yourself, but still requires mods that should still be certified by an engineer (me) unless you are relying on the 'nobody will see it' clause in the law :rolleyes:

on one side (rear left) the tyre rubs when driving over bumps on the INSIDE of the gaurd

for good reason too.when the tyre rubs on the inside its almost impossible to keep track of how they are wearing,so it could be almost worn through when you go on your big road trip.......ever had a blowout or rapid tyre deflation at speed?

Is it hitting the actual metal on the guard? Would a quick whack with a hammer fix it?

I doubt shock would help at all, they only do dampening. Its the 2 mounts on the trailing arm that control the movement. Bent rear arm is possible, what are your wheel alignment specs like?

As you said that its only one side that is doing it.

My guess would be that something is bent.

As mike said, whats your alignment like. This would prob tell you that something is out.

Guest Andrew

Yep sure you can do it yourself, but still requires mods that should still be certified by an engineer (me) unless you are relying on the 'nobody will see it' clause in the law :rolleyes:
are you a LVVC certifier?

I've got some 14" Basketweaves that _might_ fit your car you could borrow :D

That or some 215 5 spoke 17's in FWD offset :lol:

I've got some 14" Basketweaves that _might_ fit your car you could borrow :D

That or some 215 5 spoke 17's in FWD offset :lol:

haha ohh my old wheels ^_^

na i think i might be right, talked to pete at euro wreck man hes help full!

getting a wheel alignment tomorrow to see if it is really stuffed then i will know what im doing,

Anyway regardless of that the MANUAL conversion!!!!!! is going ahead next friday :D

taking to eurorec and well have a look at everything then yay manual

cheers guys for the help :)

Is it hitting the actual metal on the guard? Would a quick whack with a hammer fix it?

I doubt shock would help at all, they only do dampening. Its the 2 mounts on the trailing arm that control the movement. Bent rear arm is possible, what are your wheel alignment specs like?

hehe i thought of the hammer trick..would the warrant place be sweet?!!

getting an alignment done tomorrow arvo so ill post what happens

Awesome,

The guy at firestone smaked my inner guard out and was like it should be sweet mate. haha what a good guy.

Passed the warrant with a bit of explaining..

And now the pedal box is in!!

:lol: