Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

WoF question

Is it a warrant requirement to have the headliner & pillar trims in the car for a WoF? I've pulled mine to be recovered and have noticed my ticket expires on Thursday. Necessary to throw them back in or not likely to be a problem? Ta! :)

I failed a wof for no headlining in my city turbo once!!:)

There is no legal requirement for them unless it covers an airbag, so if you don't have curtain airbags then you don't need them.

I'd say it depends on your inspector. Some of them (especially VTNZ) will kick up a fuss about it being modified from stock and they can also fail it if there are things that could potentially cause harm if not covered. But as Slybma said, there's no set standard so you can argue it if they cause a fuss.

http://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof/general/vehicle-interior/interior-impact

I'd just take it for it's wof if it fails on that then asking as you get them recovered and installed in the 28 days you can take it back show them and they'll pass it

• Like 1

I'd say it depends on your inspector. Some of them (especially VTNZ) will kick up a fuss about it being modified from stock and they can also fail it if there are things that could potentially cause harm if not covered. But as Slybma said, there's no set standard so you can argue it if they cause a fuss.

http://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof/general/vehicle-interior/interior-impact

I'd agree with this - my son's E36 'treasure' got pinged on a missing doortrim, even though the door still opened & shut from both sides.........realistically that door-trim was probably the least of its issues, but its a 'E36 thing'.......

Thanks guys. Haven't yet started to recover them so I might bang them back in to save any dramas. Chur! :)

have had them fail when its hanging down so you cant see the rear window properly through the mirror etc

Am taking it to my local garage, they're usually pretty good. Don't really have time to mess around with a recheck so I'll put them back in to be safe. They're stripped back to the fibreglass backing so I can't imagine they'll have an issue, unless aesthetics are a safety requirement now ;)

Unless of course you have a black non sunroof set for sale, Brent? :)

no sorry ,

It shouldn't be an issue if you aren't going to VTNZ. Just make sure the seatbelt anchor bolts are done up tight if you've had to remove the B pillar trim. My last WoF went through fine with no hoodlining, A B and C pillar trims, map reading lights and sunroof controls.

Remember, you will still need drivers side sun visor.

Interior safety, you cant take a car out on track with no door skin