Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

Shred Motorsport - CLOSED

**Shred Motorsport Ltd formally Shred Industries LTD is now in liquidation**

https://www.facebook.com/shredmotorsportnz

"We would like to Thank everybody for their support and business over the past 6 years.
We have had a great run in what can be a difficult industry. We have built some amazing cars, meet a lot of people, and had a lot of fun.

So with that said, I'm sorry to announce that we are now closed for business."

Edited by M5V8
  • Like 3

Think this guy summed it up nicely

Chapman Moses We can all thank Aaron Lawson for this. He was the most greedy selfish disrespectful a**hole I have ever met. Just kept stripping Geoff of any credit he could've had and rode Geoffs money like their was no tomorrow. That's what happens when you think you're hot sh*t, spending other peoples money to try and look cool in a Drift car paid for by your "Mate". Every second word that came from his foul mouth was "I" "Me" "Myself" because you thought of nothing but yourself you disgusting little f**king rodant. Now that Geoffs money has gone, off to leach off of someone else now aye mate. There are literally thousands of people that are crying out in happiness due to Aaron not being in business anymore, 4 of them are right next to me. Goodluck with your new Ventures Geoff, you're a good man mate - you just had a leach riding your back the whole time. If you ever need anything, just give me a call Geoff.

• Like 2

yeah. steve updated me to whats been happening. The company hasn't paid tax for sometime. You can dodge creditors but not the tax man.

Everything is under a trust so Geoff just can't own a business for 7 years or soemthing so someone else will have to front and Geoff will be an employee.

I feel for the guy alittle bit. I doubt he had much idea how Aaron was carrying on. But he still sat there in court and spewed fourth the same BS Aaron did trying to blame their shoddy work on everything under the sun.

Who is Aaron Lawson and Geoff?

Geoff owned shred. Aaron Lawson was the idiot destroying it and everything else he touched.

• Like 1

That's a bit of a shame really, It's never good to see a business close.

But hopefully Geoff keeps working on cars under a completely different name without this Aaron douchebag you speak of?

I have little sympathy for this business closing. I've had multiple people contact me about issues with them as well as another customers wanting to take them to court. The writing was on the wall. They needed to stop.

I don't believe I ever updated the forum with the eventual outcome.

At the 11th hour, ......Geoff paid the court order. He paid me out of his own pocket to go away.

My lawyer was literally filing liquidation papers that afternoon. It was only a personal phone call, kind of apology & immediate deposit that saved them.

Looking back I'm not sure how I could have done this better.

I lost about $13k, 5 years trying to get them to fix their mistakes and nearly a year going through the court system. Not to mention the stress and many sleepless nights.

I could have gone for the full amount and would have won, but legal fees were quoted at $12,800 meaning I was risking a further loss if they couldn't pay.

It's been a journey. I hold no ill will towards Geoff. As the owner he should have taken more control especially when things started going wrong. He was manipulated by Aaron and couldn't see it or didn't have the spine to admit it and make the changes required to save his business.

I just hope Aaron Lawson is tainted with this brush as it was without doubt all his fault that 2 engines were destroyed and their business in liquidation.

Lessons learned:

Document everything, get it in writing.

Keep receipts.

Don't be afraid to ask experts in the field, you might just make a new friend and learn some things.

The court system can be daunting but there is a clear process, follow it, and make sure you have all your paperwork correct.

Persevere. If you know you are right it will work out in the end.

If i remember correctly, Aaron had a previous business that went tits up meaning he couldnt own a business again. Him and another guy (cant remember his name) started Shred but when this guy smartly wanted out, Aaron wasnt able to take it over and thats when Geoff stepped in. Sounds like Aaron just took Geoff for a ride.

Only a couple of months ago, my mate had his car tuned there but had the car handed back missing badly. Aaron claimed it was the dizzy etc so my mate replaced all ignition parts but the miss remained. My mate then could never get hold of Aaron again, he never returned calls etc and basically didnt want anything to do with my mate. In the end he took it elsewhere to finish off the tune.

yes a very similar story heard over & over again.

After I finally got my car back & it started displaying problems Aaron stopped returning calls or answering his or the shop phone. In court he claimed that they never heard from me again as were all surprised I had problems. Which was utter, utter BS.

Aaron started Shred Industries with another guy, the other guy wanted out, Geoff bought in when they purchased the dyno and they subsiquently changed the name to Shred Motorsport to reflect Geoff being the sole owner.

They have told everyone that will listen that 'previous management' made the build mistakes on my car. Trying to paint themselves as trying to help.

I only ever dealt with Aaron & Geoff. It's always been Aaron & Geoff. They were solely responsible for the problems. This was ultimately proven in court.

wow.

my blog about this experience has had nearly 5,000 views in 2 days.(& still climbing).

I've taken this down as it's not serving any purpose now.

sad thing is....

on the 18th Geoff is posting about waiting for turners to show up & drag away the rest of his liquidated company's assets.

At the same time Aaron is posting un-dated video of him doing burnouts in shop S15 that Geoff paid for.

karma's a b*tch.

My sons mates at R's garage have taken over the premises for their own cars, sounds like the rolling road etc is still there and Geoff will be around doing wiring. Not sure if they will turn this into a business venture.

The rolling road etc is in a family trust and I believe they are having discussions with STM to see if they want to utilise the equipment.

Well, well, well it would seem I owe someone an apology. To keep it short and simple I'll say this:

You were right, I was wrong. I'm very, VERY lucky that Shred don't build their engines in house [was off sourced to Collier Motor Engineers for the assembly side of it all] and for that matter to even have my car back. To think I even trusted all this bull sh*t Aaron or Geoff spitted out of their mouths is disgusting . For four whole troubling months my car sat there in their workshop getting very little work carried out, Jan 2014 rolls around and I make a phone call to ask progress update followed by stating I'm picking the car up as I'm being f**ked around again and again, nek minute I get told "Oh you might want to pick your car up" I said "Why" and the next answer was "We're closing down". The nerve of both of them not even mentioning ONCE they were shutting down to me was f**king ridiculous. For that reason I'm lucky to have my car back and yet all he said when I got there [was empty as I arrived] "Oh it would have been safe"

The bill they charged me, the fact I never got my suspension parts I paid for because it went on "labor", no actual proof in detail on work carried out because the data was "lost". Man the list goes on and I'm truly sorry for ever thinking that you were the muppet

• Like 1

Well, well, well it would seem I owe someone an apology. To keep it short and simple I'll say this:

You were right, I was wrong. I'm very, VERY lucky that Shred don't build their engines in house [was off sourced to Collier Motor Engineers for the assembly side of it all] and for that matter to even have my car back. To think I even trusted all this bull sh*t Aaron or Geoff spitted out of their mouths is disgusting . For four whole troubling months my car sat there in their workshop getting very little work carried out, Jan 2014 rolls around and I make a phone call to ask progress update followed by stating I'm picking the car up as I'm being f**ked around again and again, nek minute I get told "Oh you might want to pick your car up" I said "Why" and the next answer was "We're closing down". The nerve of both of them not even mentioning ONCE they were shutting down to me was f**king ridiculous. For that reason I'm lucky to have my car back and yet all he said when I got there [was empty as I arrived] "Oh it would have been safe"

The bill they charged me, the fact I never got my suspension parts I paid for because it went on "labor", no actual proof in detail on work carried out because the data was "lost". Man the list goes on and I'm truly sorry for ever thinking that you were the muppet

takes a hell of a lot of guts and balls to come back and say all of that, i admire that!

• Like 1

Apology accepted. Mate I'm truly sorry you got caught by them too. Posting here I was just trying to help members to avoid that exact situation.

I just hope it didn't cost you even half what it cost me.

Yeah well Geoff wasn't tooooo much of a problem, it was more Aaron always insisting that we're "working on the car, looking at getting it done" blah blah [he kept telling me over and over it would be done before Christmas]. Each time I would ring up on progress updates, it would be a different story all again and again on why it hasn't been worked on and this literally went on from October to the day I picked it up [was 14th of Feb I believe or around there, was a Friday]

Money wise, well it's not close to yours I can say that much but I was still left with a car that requires running in+tune. Thankful that STM have stepped up on their slack and it's being dropped off later this month to be completed. Requires run in+tune, wideband and a hi+low switch installed . Air con installed back in, shroud, braided lines, catch can etc was done at home by myself to try and bring costs down. Not major stuff but think it's helped a bit in terms of cost doing it at home

Yet they had plenty of time to fix the drift car each week.......

It's probably a good thing you have STM tuning your car, I have seen plenty of evidence Aaron's bullshit extended to his tuning abilities also. I'd recommend you get their work checked for your own piece of mind.

Good luck with the build bro.

• Like 1

Oh and I fully agree with what that guy said about Aaron. It basically sums him up in a nut shell. Far too often it was all about his drift car. He would often deny it and state he's got customers cars to work on, but that was a complete load of sh*t. When I last spoke to Geoff he himself said Aaron wasn't putting as much money in to the business himself focusing too much on his car.

It's never nice losing a business, but Geoff knew damn well how mucked I felt on the time but it always seemed like it went in one ear and out the other. He had the chance to try and improve his business or work on getting my car finished as promised and he failed that. Because of this, I get stuck with a larger then it should have been bill to try cover up Aarons bull sh*t

I think STM would have common sense to check over things naturally but yes I plan on telling them to check over few things just for peace of mind such as valve to piston clearance for one as that was of concern a while back to Aaron but was told after checking twice that was okay. Just the little things.

As far as im aware STM dont build there motors a place out of the hutt does and for a few others but ive been wrong millions of times before pretty common for me

No point poking a dead horse mate, I was wrong and I admit it

referring to me ?

i think most would agree forums and FB are nothing but a mined field these days and trying to have a grown up convo with the fantasy pros coming in added their $100 worth of copying and pasting is a loosing battle thus i cant be bothered.

Good onya for admitting things very few do for me i dont bother contributing on much anymore try to be helpful getting shot down dead for it thus the Shred thing i got much crap thrown at me cause apparently 30 yrs in the industry doesnt stand for jack anymore, he who yells loudest is believed more which sums up Aaron very well.

Edited by crunchy