Sign in to follow this  
allan

Heater controls

Wish to swap out the heater controls from the dial type, top part of photo to the push button pixel display bottom part as per photo. Is this a straight swap or does some aligning, coding of the new unit need to be carried out thanks for your assistance.

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o526/Allanson54/heatercontrols_zpsf9a5a3e4.jpg

post-1581-0-31438600-1392867942_thumb.jp

Edited by tim 325

Will need one if those dam hedgehog resistor thingies . Need the dexterity of a cat to fit one.

I've had three e36s . One had manual aircon which was fine at 225k . The other two had dual climate and either the hedgehog resistor failure or the diode issue within the first 150k of running. The manual system is basic, but IMO is more reliable on the e36 and the dual zone isn't worth it .

Edited by Neal

Could you make any sense out of the WDS on this one ? My guess is that you'll also need to add the hedgehog looking resistor into the aircon airbox. It controls the fan speed based on temperature settings on the auto panel. Also of note is the resistor is unreliable in its first form so look for the revised part numbers.

BMW Heater Fan speed resistor 64116923204

Thanks for the info guys this idea is being shelved for now other things taking priority.