Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Headlight reflector re-chrome E39

Fixed the headlight adjusters on the passenger side light today for my car's warrant on Friday and noticed that the PO has obviously attempted the repair (badly) previously and made a mess of one of the chrome reflectors. It's not that noticeable but my OCDness wants it gone.

Don't think you can buy the reflectors separately (for FL xenon angel eyes headlights) so wondering how easy/possible it is re-chrome/re-paint them and if anyone's done it.

Thanks in advance.

The OE reflectors are vacuum metlised... Seems to be a company in Christchurch that does but am guessing it will be expensive for a small custom job. Was hoping there might be a paint alternative but I don't think the Alcad stuff is up to the temp test.

I have great results from liquid chrome paint inside a headlight but only on surrounding areas not on the actual reflector. How exactly did he wreck it

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, it is the surround not the actual central reflector. I guess that part doesn't get too hot so you can use ordinary chrome paint. What paint have you used, Jason?

Looks like he/she got glue on it (probably when he cracked it open) and the tried to sand it off or something.