Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

Pair of round mufflers / resonators - used

Hi Guys,

I am after a pair of small used resonators / mid muffflers in a round shape, stainless etc.

2.25 - 2.5" core is best.

300-400mm in length

Look a bit like these sort in the middle of this RS6 exhaust

post-6193-0-45021100-1396073870.jpg

Please let me know if you might have anything and post up a picture. Auckland area is best.

any reason for needing a pair?

Try a second hand HSV center box perforated straight through muffler. I went to woolfe and got one for $50

I've found some magnaflow mufflers I can use but just trying some cheaper avenues first.

This is my plan for the vantage muffler, fit them on the back like so where there is still lots of room, as a way to possibly take off the harshness of the exhaust note at wide open throttle, I suspect it needs some more damping as its too crackly etc, especially between 2000-3500rpm

If it doesn't work enough Ill add in a H or X pipe in the mid section.

post-6193-0-89265000-1396104039_thumb.jppost-6193-0-84256400-1396104044_thumb.jppost-6193-0-81606000-1396104049_thumb.jp

Might have some at work in the exhaust pile, will check

Might have some at work in the exhaust pile, will check

Sweet, yeah I rang your shop the other day, think I spoke to David/Daniel. Let me know what you have, it would be appreciated.

Sweet, yeah I rang your shop the other day, think I spoke to David/Daniel. Let me know what you have, it would be appreciated.

Yeh, Dave.

Dont have anything suitable right now. Might do next week. Have RS6's (C7) and S4's(B7) through in the next week

That RS6 looks like a old C5 RS6 exhaust?

That's ok, seems I'm pretty much sorted at the moment, I put an H pipe in the system which has smoothed out the note so I probably dont need any additional resonators

But keep me posted I'll still be keen to see what you have for when I remake the system soon.

Yeah C5 RS6 indeed... I forget they are pretty old now!