Sign in to follow this  
Mungous

Wanted - shipping from the USA

I'm looking at getting replacement PS3s for my car out of the USA (as they are muuuuch cheaper, even with GST and some customs fees added), but need to find a cheaper way of getting them to NZ to make it really worth my while.

Anyone know of someone (or a service) that could provide space in a shipping container or similar?

• Like 1

I'm looking at getting replacement PS3s for my car out of the USA (as they are muuuuch cheaper, even with GST and some customs fees added), but need to find a cheaper way of getting them to NZ to make it really worth my while.

Anyone know of someone (or a service) that could provide space in a shipping container or similar?

Consider the Pilot Super Sport, it's a fantastic tire (I don't recall there being a huge price difference) but it destroyed the PS2s that were on my car. From what I understand, the PS3 is a revision of the PS2, and the PSS is an all-new design.

Food for thought.

• Like 2

Kiwishipping.co.nz

I gave up on Kiwishipping.co.nz.... their prices are turning into the same stupid shipping costs as quoted by other US companies... USD$266 to ship 2 brake rotors!!!

Edited by Red Dwarf

I gave up on Kiwishipping.co.nz.... their prices are turning into the same stupid shipping costs as quoted by other US companies... USD$266 to ship 2 brake rotors!!!

Your problem is shipping companies ship by volume and usually have a minimum cubic capacity which I think is 1 cubic metre. I never ship small items like a couple of brake rotors and try to ship a pallet load atleast otherwise the cost is too high. The alternative is to try and get a few others to ship with you but that can be a pain in the butt when you have to collect GST and inspection fees etc.

Yeah, from memory they were quite cheap when I was looking at bringing a 420g, drive shaft and other bits over.

Thanks for all your input - I've found a crowd that will do a pretty good price, but with that pesky minimum of one cubic metre. Getting one set of tyres would be uneconomic, but two or more sets starts to look a bit better.

I must go home and do more skidz.

Just had 4 Wheels and CF sideskirts shipped with KiwiShipping

Weight: 49KG

Volume: 0.410

Freight cost was $159

Just had 4 Wheels and CF sideskirts shipped with KiwiShipping

Weight: 49KG

Volume: 0.410

Freight cost was $159

Their prices have gone up recently.

But yeah I had a full set of 18x9.5 wheels. And another 3 large boxes full of car parts over for under $200.