Sign in to follow this  
bmw

What suspension can you buy

If you havent got the money to do it properly, wait till you do. Just springs is pointless. Listen to andrew.

Actually, Glenn has a good point, do the springs by themselves if you're cash strapped and do the shocks later. That way you'll understand what it is everyone is talking about.

Also IMO its stupid loading up multiple mods at once. If you do stuff separately you know exactelly what effect you are getting plus you get the buzz of upgrade more. Instead of one big smack hit that will seem 'normal' in 3 months.

Im not planning on doing mutiple 'mods' in one bang. I just wanted prices on adeqaute shocks and spring for the is. I dont really want to go to fag and turbo, but might do, just to see what they reccomend for the dollars.

*edit*

see, i have 17s forsale, which dont fit bmws, and i went in there and asked if i could trade them for something of similar value (suspension). He said he will get back to me tomor, and would be looking at kings + kybs installed (im a bit scared of there workman ship though, so may ask others to install)

so ill hear back 2mor

Edited by bmw

Just had a look, my back shocks are yellow?

If i up'd my budget about another $300, would this open up another window, how much more is it to get koni shocks? Do you still reccomend a king spring with konis or what? H&R, Eibach, etc?

1300 should buy you a set of bilsteins (1000ish) and jamex 40mm or 60mm (330ish). its what im using now, a decent street setup and a good option to start off getting some track k's under your belt.

I can sell you a set of BMW Motorsport springs, lower the car probably only 25mm, but good balnace between ride and stiffness, aslo a set of shorter rear shock, $250 the lot, gives you plenty left for some good front inserts bilstein or mornroe or whatever you choose

Guest Andrew

Do i have the 'sports' suspension from bmw standard?

yes -

it probably has mtech springs with boge gas shocks