Sign in to follow this  
qwertyk1d

Immaculate 1989 E30 316i

Hi all, been registered for a few weeks but I haven't introduced myself or my car yet. My name is Sean Curran, I'm 22 from Auckland. I'm a Web Designer at Zeald. This is my NZ New 1989 BMW 316i E30. It has done 65,000kms original and its condition reflects that.

owi1svma.4g1.png

Since buying it 2 weeks ago from a collector (who previously bought from an elderly lady whom has had it all its life), it's had a bit of pampering down at Platinum Wheels, North Shore.

Current Modifications:
New Monroe front shock absorbers

King Superlow lowering springs
Varrstoen V3 16x8 4x100 wheels
Achilles ATR Sport 195/50/16s.

Now looks like this:

vyjyga4e.jpg

rasavu8y.jpg

rezusuze.jpg

ne2u4u7y.jpg

ge3erazy.jpg

a9usu9uv.jpg

Future Plans:

E90 drop hats in the front

IS front lip

51mm strut tower conversion

Edited by Skeet

Looks good!

Go coilovers if you want more low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, yeah I'm looking into other options. Its expensive though and I don't want to break the bank. Might look at shortening shocks and compressing springs before going down the coilovers street.

Was wondering when you would make it on here. Bring it wound for me to have a look!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What doing with the old wheels?

Was just gonna keep them on hand if I ever wanted to sell it standard. Why do you ask?

Mine have worn paint and I want good ones. No probs, theyre around everywhere just thought u may be chucking

If you want to lower it another 20-25mm in the front the easy way just buy e90 top hats.. aka drop hats. You can buy them from your BMW dealer for $150 a pair.

If you want to lower it another 20-25mm in the front the easy way just buy e90 top hats.. aka drop hats. You can buy them from your BMW dealer for $150 a pair.

Do they fit 45mm struts?

Possibly saw you on the motorway today heading up the hill towards the oteha valley offramp?

Same colour and wheels so I can only assume it was! Looks sweet!

That is a nice e30 - I think it has some collectible value being that low mileage, and in such good condition.

kind of a shame to hear it will be chopped into another non-factory 325i.

Edited by etwenty1

It's a 4 door not a coupe. Still undecided what I'm gonna do about the engine but I'm growing increasingly happy with the 1.6 4 banger in there at the moment.

After much thought I've decided to keep the standard motor and keep any mods completely reversible. It'd be a shame to permanently modify what could be one of the tidiest standard E30s in the country.

I had a mint little 316i just like when I was 22! Brilliant car mate, love it. Does it have the big clock in the cluster?

You can remove the cluster, take off the back and very easily straight swap the clock for a tacho. So easy!

You can remove the cluster, take off the back and very easily straight swap the clock for a tacho. So easy!

i have a 316i with that clock cluster and a spare cluster, I'm kinda keen to see if that works

The plugs on the rear of the cluster are the same, regardless of model.

The exception being the M3, which has an extra plug for the oil temperature gauge.

Yep that's right. Just get into it mate, I did and it worked a charm. Just be gentle and don't lose any screws.

That is a nice e30 - I think it has some collectible value being that low mileage, and in such good condition.

kind of a shame to hear it will be chopped into another non-factory 325i.

Car really needs to be put away somewhere dry and started & driven a few k's once a month IMO & kept standard for it to be worth anything down the track.

Edited by The Diesel Guy