Sign in to follow this  
Jibs05

h&r race springs

Hello all,

Anyone here running h&r race springs with koni sports adjust? How are they? Or is there any other recommendations?

Basically mr cert man has told me that my front spring rate is too soft for the new motor. So I was thinking of h&r race springs to help stiffen things up.

he also told me there was too much brake fade.

so what race/road brakes pads suit the e30?

thank you all in advance.

Do the rx7 brake conversion for brakes and if you had the money go coilovers if ur gona track/slide it or just h&r with koni's or billy's.

Who's your certifier?

I passed my cert with some generic cheaper non-OEM pads, fresh fluid bleed with Motul 5.1 (boiling points worse than Castrol SRF dot 4 from what i've read), and SAFEBRAKE braided lines from Driven Performance

Do the rx7 brake conversion for brakes and if you had the money go coilovers if ur gona track/slide it or just h&r with koni's or billy's.

Yes coil overs stretch the wallet a tad too far :S Although i have been eyeing out speed factors sleeve and coil kit, and working on making use of the full potential of my Konis. Also RX7 brakes is also a bit of a stretch. I just made a 3" mandrel bent exhaust for my e30, took a bit out of the build budget.

Who's your certifier?

I passed my cert with some generic cheaper non-OEM pads, fresh fluid bleed with Motul 5.1 (boiling points worse than Castrol SRF dot 4 from what i've read), and SAFEBRAKE braided lines from Driven Performance

I actually have hawk pads in, so i was quite surprised when he told me that i had quite a bit of fade. Certifier is Fraser Cars, Beachaven.

All this hassle will be worth it. can't wait to start driving my e30 again.

is the fluid fresh or old? this makes a huge difference...and using a higher heat like mentioned above motul or BnT 300 (I think) is the same stuff....works well in my race car.

You should ask him how he tests so you can duplicate and prove it is resolved before trying to re cert.....