Sign in to follow this  
Coffee&Doughnut

E30 speed limiter

no limiter, except by gearing or more likely the aerodynamics of a brick

the only limiter i have ever found came in the form of a little man in a funny hat with big flashy lights on his car....

he can cut in anywhere from about 109km

still havnt found how to remove this but if i do ill let you know

The reason I asked is because usually at a certain speed the wind drag really slows down any further increase in speed. And the other day I was surprised to find the car easily going beyond the speed where I usually think whats the point pushing any further, without even kicking down the throttle.

Shortly after I did kick down the throttle it felt as though something cut in, at that point I slowed down.

The only thing is that I was not paying much attention to the revs, but I dont think I was in the red, but once the throttle was fully opened it probally was.

No Speed limiter just rev limiter 5th gear 228kmh down hill. Speedo probably behind a bit though.... Dat fast enough though, like gus said felt like a brick through the wind

TB= timing belt?

If so, you wouldnt have any more power. If you ment somthing else, just ignore me ;)

I 've hit the red line in 5th gear when I had the 4.45 diff in the car, then went to the 3.25 diff and couldn't accelerate in 5th gear at all

Haha, lets just say that if you hit the rev limiter in 5th gear with a 3.25 diff you'd be doing 307kph and probably going backwards in time :lol::lol::lol:

The 4.45 will rev limit at 200kph

Edited by ///Carl